Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 30 Observation Thread

moneypitmike

47 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Looks like BOS final is 4.3.   Basically 4x the previous monthly record for October.

Just awesome. I def. didnt expect that, don't think anybody else did either TBH.

Anybody know where the official measurement is being taken now? I know Scott mentioned it wasn't at Deer Island anymore.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not close . Under 600 feet has but never here until winter. It’s always windy on those radiational nights. I always go straight freeze. I just picked 20 green tomatoes yesterday .

DYoqR9L.jpg

Brown paper bag um to ripen. I picked a whole crap load of Ghost and Chili peppers yesterday 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I guess Metherb and Sugarloaf really did either leave the board or............

They both would have been regular posters today 

Metherb is fine.  He left the board due to disagreements.  Sugarloaf I have my concerns, I've tried to contact him a couple times without success.  

3 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Metherb is fine.  He left the board due to disagreements.  Sugarloaf I have my concerns, I've tried to contact him a couple times without success.  

I know Herb flipped out over the Covid thread. I found his last post. Loaf just is gone without trace. Hope he’s ok 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah kept going. Nice! 

31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I interpreted what you said as like 7-8pm. 

Anyways who debbie’d it?

:lol:.

A lot of people Poo poo this, especially on air Mets in this area. I think that was kind of disingenuous because some models were hitting higher totals.

No model had 5” here, but some had a few at least 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not close . Under 600 feet has but never here until winter. It’s always windy on those radiational nights. I always go straight freeze. I just picked 20 green tomatoes yesterday .

DYoqR9L.jpg

Place them in a corrugated box or a paper bag out of the light and they will turn.

Edit: I see you already did this.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Looks like BOS final is 4.3.   Basically 4x the previous monthly record for October.

Among other records (shortest interval between snow, 193 days since April 18, previous record was 194 days in 1987)...   perhaps the most amazing is that October brought the biggest KBOS snowfall to date in 2020.

What a refreshing break from a wretched year.

Let's hope for more, it's gonna be a long winter.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

:lol:.

A lot of people Poo poo this, especially on air Mets in this area. I think that was kind of disingenuous because some models were hitting higher totals.

No model had 5” here, but some had a few at least 

Poo poo? LOL...I won’t go there. J/K.

I thought this would be that 95 area by Foxboro-Sharon etc. higher spots. I think we talked a lot about that I did not expect this here. No way. In reality the cstl front sagged just past me and as usual, they underestimate it by a few miles sometimes. Even so, I’ve been burned on N winds here before as that still comes off the water here. So combining all that, I didn’t expect much here locally. But 925 temps -5C clearly were enough. We finally dropped below 32 when winds backed to more NNW.  The snow growth was there and that wasn’t a surprise. 

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Poo poo? LOL...I won’t go there. J/K.

I thought this would be that 95 area by Foxboro-Sharon etc. higher spots. I think we talked a lot about that I did not expect this here. No way. In reality the cstl front sagged just past me and as usual, they underestimate it by a few miles sometimes. Even so, I’ve been burned on N winds here before as that still comes off the water here. So combining all that, I didn’t expect much here locally. But 925 temps -5C clearly were enough. We finally dropped below 32 when winds backed to more NNW.  The snow growth was there and that wasn’t a surprise. 

The most amazing part to me honestly is the top like inch to inch and a half of this stuff is dry... almost unfathomable.