Newest Member
    joxey
October 30 Observation Thread

moneypitmike

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Not often to see Logan Airport at 30F in early afternoon in October

OCt30_123pmSfc.gif

I'm astounded frankly... 

This exceeds 2011 in the 2-meter T SD just existentially -  but by all means ... if anyone wants to compare discretely - 

The wind blows here ..I have cob-webbing prior to Halloween  !! ??  

There was never blowing snow in 2011 at my place here in Ayer - tho granted, that event exceeds this one in accumulation by about 2.5 X's so far... I ended up 9.5" back then and a slew of down tree limbs and powerlines on top.. That snow was deposed in 33 -ish tacking .. This is different - 

But uh ...yeah, it is specifically the scale/degree of cold and that we are fracturing snow into eave curling blow off ... that is just absolutely the first time I have ever seen that observation in my life - no exaggeration, before Novie 1

WOW

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm astounded frankly... 

This exceeds 2011 in the 2-meter T SD just existentially -  but by all means ... if anyone wants to compare discretely - 

The wind blows here ..I have cob-webbing prior to Halloween  !! ??  

There was never Blowling snow in 2011 at my place here in Ayer - tho granted, that event exceeds this one in accumulation by about 2.5 X's so far... I ended up 9.5" back then and a slow of down tree limbs and powerlines on top.. hah.. 

But uh ...yeah, it specifically the scale/degree of cold and that we are fracturing snow into eave curling blow off is just absolutely the first time I have ever seen that micro observation in my life - no exaggeration, before Novie 1

WOW

Yeah I was sort of giving a dry understatement by saying "not often"....lol. In fact, my bet is that Logan has never been 30F or colder at this hour in October since records were kept. I think Brian (dendrite) has previously posted temp records on an hourly bases for stations...I wonder what BOS record cold is for October during the midday hours. This has to be it.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I was sort of giving a dry understatement by saying "not often"....lol. In fact, my bet is that Logan has never been 30F or colder at this hour in October since records were kept. I think Brian (dendrite) has previously posted temp records on an hourly bases for stations...I wonder what BOS record cold is for October during the midday hours. This has to be it.

Lock it in

image.png

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah... I was actually visualizing this as caking the N facing trees and power poles with a white frosting, and having grass blades still sticking through ... while glops fall off of side-mirrors from car doors ...maybe a slush rut or two upon streets mainly just wet... 

But this ?  It's an overproduction/cold success over what I was anticipating to be completely honest.  I mean, remove the vestigial Oak and late Silver Maple leafs and that setting out there is really indistinguishable from a clock-puncher January ordeal ...  wtf chuck - 

31;  -S;   3.25"