Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 30 Observation Thread

moneypitmike

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Wow. I had no idea it was that rare down there.

BOS is a total pit....really anywhere right near the coast is so hard to get legit Oct snow. I'm sure it's a bit different for some place around Sharon or Foxborough (hell, we all remember the 3" in 2009 during the Patriots game there)

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Haven't got an official report from BOS yet, but I think they must have already broken their biggest October snow on record? Logan's previous record was 1.1"

I saw a 1.5" reported in Charlestown at 10:36AM on the National Weather Service site. Been snowing at a decent clip since then.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

BOS is a total pit....really anywhere right near the coast is so hard to get legit Oct snow. I'm sure it's a bit different for some place around Sharon or Foxborough (hell, we all remember the 3" in 2009 during the Patriots game there)

I guess I just figured a few events in the 150 year station record produced 1-2"+.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I guess I just figured a few events in the 150 year station record produced 1-2"+.

Yeah it is kind of surprising it didn't. You look at Blue Hill and see plenty of 1-4" events and then a couple 6"+ events (1979 and 2011)....you figured somewhere BOS had enough N wind or NNW during a snow event in October to get a couple inches, but I guess not.

The time of day definitely held things back a bit in the lower elevations with marginal temperatures in the 32 to 33 range during the heart of the event. 

Yeah, have to imagine it’d be like 3” by now if it was slightly colder. Can’t complain in October but it does suck seeing constant moderate snow not accumulate lol.