Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical Storm Eta

Windspeed

31 minutes ago, dbullsfan said:

I can’t imagine Davis Island would do go well from a direct hit, even if it’s from a TS. The rain/surge will have bigger impacts 

Primary concern with DI is Tampa General Hospital, but their power infrastructure is elevated so they should be ok with this one.

I live at water’s edge right across from TGH and will post pics if anything materializes. 

The National Weather Service in Ruskin has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...
Central Pinellas County in west central Florida...

* Until 1245 PM EST.

* At 1221 PM EST, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a
tornado was located near Tierra Verde, or near Fort Desoto Park,
moving north at 30 mph.
HAZARD...Tornado.
SOURCE...Radar indicated rotation.
IMPACT...Flying debris will be dangerous to those caught without
shelter. Mobile homes will be damaged or destroyed.
Damage to roofs, windows, and vehicles will occur. Tree
damage is likely.

* This dangerous storm will be near...
St. Petersburg around 1225 PM EST.
Saint Petersburg and Downtown Saint Petersburg around 1235 PM EST.
Pinellas Park, Seminole, West And East Lealman, Feather Sound,
Gandy, Bay Pines and South Highpoint around 1245 PM EST.
Other locations impacted by this tornadic thunderstorm include
Gulfport, Albert Whitted Airport, Tropicana Field, Weedon Island
State Preserve, Venetian Isles, Sawgrass Lake Park, Lealman, Kenneth
City, South Pasadena and Vinoy Park.
TORNADO...RADAR INDICATED
HAIL...0.00IN

• Like 1

4K without power in Pinellas. Not too bad so far.

After Irma Duke Energy replaced most of the main power structure. But it is just now getting more intense.

3 1/2 inches of rain here in Gulfport with gusts into the 40s so far.

60 mph gust on Clearwater Beach. The water is coming up on the beach even with the winds still blowing off the coast.

image.thumb.png.6567c32ed4bab337ffb4c4f635bbd170.png

36 minutes ago, TPAwx said:

Wind has really started to pick up here in Tampa.

We have a small sunsetter canopy on our front porch supposed to be good to 35 mph winds. It was thrashing and making a lot of really bad sounds, so I just took it down…for the first time since it was installed. It was about to rip the screws out of the house and become a flapping nightmare.

I couldn’t remember how to take it down, so was out in the wind and rain struggling with it! It is down now, after getting soaked and falling down once when I finally figured out how to release the two main structure beams and it folded on top of me!

I hope my neighbors across the street were not watching! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Prospero said:

We have a small sunsetter canopy on our front porch supposed to be good to 35 mph winds. It was thrashing and making a lot of really bad sounds, so I just took it down…for the first time since it was installed. It was about to rip the screws out of the house and become a flapping nightmare.

I couldn’t remember how to take it down, so was out in the wind and rain struggling with it! It is down now, after getting soaked and falling down once when I finally figured out how to release the two main structure beams and it folded on top of me!

I hope my neighbors across the street were not watching! LOL

Hahaha I Wwsh there were a neighboring porch camera that caught that...would make an apt illustration for so many things, lol So in that moment you weren't Prospero, but Desprato :lol:

• Haha 2

On 10/31/2020 at 12:56 AM, Amped said:

GFS with one of it's most 2020 runs ever.   Every other model allows the NErly flow @ 500mb to capture it and pull it SW across central America. GFS showed that a few runs ago but now changed it's mind.    I think it's a fugiwara effect with a convective blob to the north that's preventing it from being pulled SW but I'm open to other suggestions.   Probably nothing like this verifies. 

wBOQGy8.gif

Looking back on some earlier posts, it's pretty amazing that the GFS got the dip and stall near the Keys pretty spot on 10 days in advance, even if it was way too bullish on the intensity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 2

9 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

This is a storm fitting for prospero. 

Well, all season I've been ready for a tropical storm just strong enough to be interesting without losing power. So far so good. A bit more cleanup in my backyard than I need, but at least I didn't miss out on 2020. That would be disappointing.

I think the winds have peaked, but the surge is significant for around here and might surprise a few when all is done.

• Like 1