Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Melt-down Poll

moneypitmike

Winter meltdown poll  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to have the most memorable meltdown this season?

lol........

On 10/28/2020 at 8:20 PM, Hoth said:

My money's on our Golden State Warriors fan in West Hartford. He's had some late night gems the last few years.

On 10/28/2020 at 8:22 PM, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Like clockwork. Ice1929 the great depression of winter. 

On 11/5/2020 at 9:27 AM, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Simple fix is to install a breathalyzer on his keyboard.

On 11/5/2020 at 9:20 AM, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I am surprised that Luke did not garner more of the vote...he is a real dark horse. Seems primed for a melt because just the anticipation of this winter was frustrating him all last summer.

Funny but I have no expectations this season. I’ve been on the subpar train since the getgo and you and some others calling for the same confirms it. Considering what 2020 has been, I’m not that pressed for a big season anyway. However, it wouldn’t be surprising if we get two KU’s in an otherwise awful winter. Sort of like Feb 06. 

Of course if there is a pending 2 footer where the euro is jacking me for me days and the rug gets pulled out from under me inside 24hr...all bets are off. 

4 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Funny but I have no expectations this season. I’ve been on the subpar train since the getgo and you and some others calling for the same confirms it. Considering what 2020 has been, I’m not that pressed for a big season anyway. However, it wouldn’t be surprising if we get two KU’s in an otherwise awful winter. Sort of like Feb 06. 

Of course if there is a pending 2 footer where the euro is jacking me for me days and the rug gets pulled out from under me inside 24hr...all bets are off. 

Didn’t feb 2006 have that great blizzard right before VD?

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That was 2007...and it was NNE and NYS. Areas north of the pike and beyond rt 128 in SNE had about 6-8" of snow and sleet.

The great VD 07 sleet storm, yup. Feb 06 was the ‘JMA finds a nut’ blizzard that happenned in an otherwise subpar pattern and winter, I think. Then again I was in CNJ so practically every winter was subpar. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The great VD 07 sleet storm, yup. Feb 06 was the ‘JMA finds a nut’ blizzard that happenned in an otherwise subpar pattern and winter, I think. Then again I was in CNJ so practically every winter was subpar. 

That storm remains the largest sleet event that I have ever seen...not close.

14 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That was 2007...and it was NNE and NYS. Areas north of the pike and beyond rt 128 in SNE had about 6-8" of snow and sleet.

Ok I remember that shit storm too but I was talking about this guy......2’+ in west Hartford..... it’s why I remember it so well and it was the first biggie after we bought our house......

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_blizzard_of_2006

1 minute ago, ice1972 said:

Ok I remember that shit storm too but I was talking about this guy......2’+ in west Hartford..... it’s why I remember it so well and it was the first biggie after we bought our house......

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_blizzard_of_2006

Gotcha.

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That is the most favorable climo time of the year for big snows....like Feb 5-10. Obviously for cold, its 10 days to 2 weeks earlier.

It’s amazing how unfavorable that period has been in recent years. When was the last decent February? 2015? 

I’m stunned I wasn’t in the list after my March 2017 $700 Blow Meltdown to fly home early from my Netherlands concert for 9” of glop.  

That after missing the HISTORIC Bombogenisis February 2017 storm the Month earlier as I stayed in LA for the Grammy’s (Which I really don’t care about as a professional musician) and the After Party has a Screw up which was the only reason I stayed the extra week.  I’ll never get over those 2 events.  

I had a pretty sensational melt in late March '18 after the models had southern CT slated for a good 15-20", which instead wound up slamming Long Island with 2 feet while we clawed our way to a couple sandy inches. This being the second time that had happened in the span of three weeks, my nerves were already frayed. I felt we had let a great -NAO and a historic parade of nor'easters largely go to waste (we did sneak one nice paster in there) and that last big bust was a crowning insult. Legend has it that my paroxysm of profanity still hangs in suspension over Long Island Sound.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

I had a pretty sensational melt in late March '18 after the models had southern CT slated for a good 15-20", which instead wound up slamming Long Island with 2 feet while we clawed our way to a couple sandy inches. This being the second time that had happened in the span of three weeks, my nerves were already frayed. I felt we had let a great -NAO and a historic parade of nor'easters largely go to waste (we did sneak one nice paster in there) and that last big bust was a crowning insult. Legend has it that my paroxysm of profanity still hangs in suspension over Long Island Sound.

It's amazing how inconsistent that period was for southern CT. Here in the SW part ended up with 2 great pasters. Think you were in between the 2 feet to your east and the 5 to 12 band to your west. Agreed that long island storm was a terrible bust. Ended up the snowiest March in my life (snow 0. 10. 9.5. 2.5) barely beating out the 20 from 4 storms in March 2015.

• Like 1