• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Zeta

strongwxnc

Had about an hour or two of the 25-30 mph gusts.  But the damage was done in the 15 minutes of (i'm estimating) 45-60mph gusts.  Took everything down at that point.  So I would be expecting a brief intense period of wind east of the triad as the day progresses.  

EDIT- As I type this there was another very strong gust likely around 45-50mph.

13 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

High Wind warning now up for the Triangle with gusts to 60 mph possible. What changed? More efficient mixing of winds to surface with daytime heating? Not seeing any wind reports near that downstream of us in Raleigh 

It's mixing down very efficiently. Radar has us with 60mph winds at like 5k feet and we're getting gusts in rain bands pretty close to that.

Watch out whoever ends up under that band. I would not be surprised to see those 80mph gusts verify.

Rain was not that impressive IMBY today (1.15 inches), but I have now climbed above 83 inches for the calendar year, which is just INSANE for this location.  I continue to build on the wettest year I've ever had at this location in nine years of living here.  Almost 10 inches of rain in October too.  I think 100 inches is probably pretty unlikely, but it's definitely not out of the question and what I am currently on pace for this year.

1 hour ago, calculus1 said:

Rain was not that impressive IMBY today (1.15 inches), but I have now climbed above 83 inches for the calendar year, which is just INSANE for this location.  I continue to build on the wettest year I've ever had at this location in nine years of living here.  Almost 10 inches of rain in October too.  I think 100 inches is probably pretty unlikely, but it's definitely not out of the question and what I am currently on pace for this year.

More impressive than us. Didn't get a drop and I sit at 49.13" for the year.

4a2edf6918ba2e12656995afd0b76782.jpg
We got smacked in Travelers Rest. We had a tree fall in MBY and more back down in the woods on my property. To be honest, I am surprised there weren’t more because I have NEVER seen the trees bend like they did this morning. There were loads of trees and transformers downs in our surrounding neighborhoods and throughout the county, and at one point I saw where Greenville County had about 65k power outages.

I remember having a few tropical storms come our way over the past few years, but today’s definitely took the cake.

Top gust was 41 but im a bit protected from South winds. Didn't lose power thankfully but over a million out of power in ga at its peak was impressive. 

Winds are almost as gusty now as this morning. Gusting several times to 35/36. Jackson County Airport gust to 48mph last observation.  In fact outages have gone back up in ga the past few hours. So not out of the woods.