• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Oct 29-30 snow threat

Typhoon Tip

hmm... the summits'll lighten up when it's 45 F rain beneath whenever... 

I'd feel better about this whole thing if there was cold air like ...anywhere to be found.  Lol

Talk about hiding in the virtual realm - everyone's all giddy and swept away in an event that presently can't happen - 

So I guess we trust in the models - heh.  

It'll be interesting to monitor if/when there is a kind of cold pulse that rattles through the area say ..9pm to 1am N to S... I wonder if we grind down .2 deg F per hour, then out of nowhere .. a subtle acceleration N sheds 6, ... 2... 2... across two hours to 37 and 'chutes.

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, it will be fun to have some snow with foliage still going but honestly the faster it disappears the better.  Still too much shit to do in the yard and zero interest with having any power issues.

There’s only one poster hoping for power issues.    His wife and daughters went where there was power in 2011 but he loved the 48 degree dark house for a long spell.  Go figure....

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

To paraphrase Tip from an earlier post ....if Zeta had never existed this would be something special.

Maybe    ;) 

hypothesis ... but, it just seems there's some wave-space interference in the interim modeling/time cycles over the last couple days, possibly 'masking' the 2nd wave's potential - 

I mean it may in fact be true that it would have, in total, been even more without Zeta's interference - but without a physical reanalysis study it's hard to be certain. 

No one really knows. I have heard others saying that Zeta increased potential, which did not materialize.

Bottom line is weather circles have a fetish for adjoining weather extremes....they must be connected in some way, shape of form...and anyone who proves otherwise, its lotion in the basket for them.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Yeah... I love supposition/'what-if' plausibilities.. Hey, it's the zygote of science, to speculate - otherwise...what's the point of livin'  ha.

But, I like to think hard and long and logically, to be at least thoughtful about doing so - not just throwing shit against the wall cause it sounds 'cool' - 

There is a precedence in weather phenomenon for constructive vs destructive wave interference - and this smacks as having bean pulling model guidance a bit ... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah... I love supposition/'what-if' plausibilities.. Hey, it's the zygote of science, to speculate - otherwise...what's the point of livin'  ha.

But, I like to think hard and long and logically, to be at least thoughtful about doing so - not just throwing shit against the wall cause it sounds 'cool' - 

There is a precedence in weather phenomenon for constructive vs destructive wave interference - and this smacks as having bean pulling model guidance a bit ... 

Would be pretty cool if we could run a model without Zeta to see what it would show

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Not even winter yet and we're already getting boned by SNE. We can crush them in a rainstorm though!

Are you trying to influence poll responders with this post?  Good early-season start.  :)

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Jackpot pike region.

These are the words I want to hear a lot of in my new digs.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Just a quick shout out for this event.

Winter Outlook is just about done...just fine tuning some stuff.

https://easternmassweather.blogspot.com/2020/10/winter-preview-early-friday.html

Nice Ray, Sunday looks moderate but thats a serious cold shot Monday Tuesday 

"Thereafter, a moderation should ensue with more seasonable temperatures returning after halloween".

download.png