Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Oct 29-30 snow threat

Typhoon Tip

2 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

39F Overcast and undercast

Foliage started early this year and then slowed way down.  A surprising amount of leaves on my property.  Don't need a birch bender so a part of me wants this to stay south.  Plenty of snow chances later in the season

birch.jpg

Pond still dry? I figured it would be at least partially full with the recent rains.

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

HREF has 1"/hr snows down in the interior SE MA area. May have to sit in the parking lot of Gillette with my Brady jersey and reminisce. 

Look at the weenie probability max in blue hills area on the 4 inch probability map on HREF :lol:

Oct29_HREFprobs.png

7 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

I can see BOX going with 2-4" (basically their 1:10 map from this morning) in their later update. 

My p/c was calling 2-4 this morning.

First mention of heavy for the season:

Cloudy with snow in the morning, then partly sunny with a chance of snow in the afternoon. Patchy fog in the morning. Snow may be heavy at times in the morning with visibility one quarter mile or less at times. Total snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches. Colder with highs in the upper 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent.
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

43/42F  Light rain just started.

I'm guessing mostly a miss up here.  Good qpf stays just south.  Much of  rain will be wasted but we will see when I flip later

Not even winter yet and we're already getting boned by SNE. We can crush them in a rainstorm though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You’ll be curb stomping us in the snow dept and complaining about too much ice on the chicken runs, by Christmas. 

Maybe. I'm not really upset about losing October snow, but I was kinda looking forward to a few early inches that would melt away quickly. We'll see what happens...there's probably a chance for it to bust positive for 1-3".

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Maybe. I'm not really upset about losing October snow, but I was kinda looking forward to a few early inches that would melt away quickly. We'll see what happens...there's probably a chance for it to bust positive for 1-3".

I haven’t looked much there, but I thought I saw decent lift near and above 700 there for awhile.  I’m on the other end Of the spectrum given my locale, but I find the shoulder events interesting and exciting.