Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Oct 29-30 snow threat

Typhoon Tip

11 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

That would be something if part 2 really is enhanced over S shore . Thats close to a pretty good thump down there. 

I noticed that too.  

Odd how it had a colder profile aloft over the South Shore (maybe due to the stronger precip at the time?), but I still think the low levels are quite marginal.  But if it's ripping at -7C at 850mb you'd think that's a flip to snow.

11AM Friday and the coldest H85 temps were basically south shore?

nam-218-all-massachusetts-t850-4070000.thumb.png.6735183cbcd740acadb03f3d44451004.png

46 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I noticed that too.  

Odd how it had a colder profile aloft over the South Shore (maybe due to the stronger precip at the time?), but I still think the low levels are quite marginal.  But if it's ripping at -7C at 850mb you'd think that's a flip to snow.

11AM Friday and the coldest H85 temps were basically south shore?

nam-218-all-massachusetts-t850-4070000.thumb.png.6735183cbcd740acadb03f3d44451004.png

The weenie force of Weymouth is strong. 

• Haha 1

This is now looking like a pretty good event for the whites. There's no sneaky warm layer, and it's going to be cold down to about 1500'. I'm actually thinking there's going to be a foot in some elevated (2500k+)  areas like the mid October storm. Reggie looks pretty decent, but the snow maps are late. Does anyone have the GFS maps? TT is late with the 18hr

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

He’s probably thinking more to his east/west/north/south... I’m sure he’s going with under <0.75” QPF while areas around him do twice that.  Stein won’t be denied.

I think low valley spots like his wull struggle. Additionally he may be north of the heaviest qpf/rates Friday during the day. He’ll snow and stick. Scooter has never taken anyone in CT over Ray. He has had this odd affection for him ever since I’ve known them both. It’s a thick Boston accent thing I believe. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, MarkO said:

This is now looking like a pretty good event for the whites. There's no sneaky warm layer, and it's going to be cold down to about 1500'. I'm actually thinking there's going to be a foot in some elevated (2500k+)  areas like the mid October storm. Reggie looks pretty decent, but the snow maps are late. Does anyone have the GFS maps? TT is late with the 18hr

sn10_acc.us_ne-15.png