• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Oct 29-30 snow threat

Typhoon Tip

it's interesting that despite the stronger Zeta ... the NAM and Euro are actually maintaining a hybrid cyclone phase underneath LI, while lopping 'nough QPF over a cold wedge that ... probably is benefitting from a faster llv cut in by virtue of their having the superior grid/resolution - 

interesting.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I know I said this yesterday, but hell of a winter event even a month from now. 

Yup... even 3 weeks from now we’d be talking big snow probably. Them the breaks though, and you can probably say it every year.

I still wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people saw measurable snow out of this

The UKMET always seems to be headed in the opposite direction from the varsity models. I am told it’s the “second best model” however. Perhaps at the very top layer of the atmosphere close to outer space it’s pretty accurate. Maybe they can use it on the ISS to predict conditions in the thermosphere. It’s useless here planet-side. 

• Haha 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

The UKMET always seems to be headed in the opposite direction from the varsity models. I am told it’s the “second best model” however. Perhaps at the very top layer of the atmosphere close to outer space it’s pretty accurate. Maybe they can use it on the ISS to predict conditions in the thermosphere. It’s useless here planet-side. 

You mean @H5 where nobody lives?

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

Look at some of the EPS members... there's still a chance up here LOL.

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-neng-snow_total_multimember_panel_ecmwf_a-4188800.thumb.png.69dbd2ab3c113f196d2b4838053fc024.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 2