• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Oct 29-30 snow threat

Typhoon Tip

The solutions yesterday were definitely better all around for snow.... obviously more up north, but they were flashing everyone right to the coast over to some heavy snow.

Might be 6 of 1 and half dozen of the other in this area though. Doesn’t seem like the amounts have changed much. Maybe we sneak an inch or two

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

PF is upset. It shows. Lol. With the upcoming pattern if he doesn't see snow Monday it could be another 2 weeks until the next chance. I get it

Crying in my milk.  Will never recover.  Man, a good snow threat gets everyone busting balls so it’s fun.  The south loves stealing snow from the north, totally get it lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Crying in my milk.  Will never recover.  Man, a good snow threat gets everyone busting balls so it’s fun.

Nothing upsetting about no snow in october especially over this way, Still to early, A few more weeks then sure as we get closer to thanksgiving.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

GFS looks slightly more amped than 06z, but it's pretty similar overall. I think it's a bit snowier than the 06z....slightly better dynamics.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

12z GFS is flatter then the 06z run as well, Keeps the precip further south, Another couple runs if this trend continues even CNE will be on the outside looking in.

Wut.... :unsure:

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

GFS looks slightly more amped than 06z, but it's pretty similar overall. I think it's a bit snowier than the 06z....slightly better dynamics.

That secondary band ...after Zeta crap...looks like its gonna max out from Catskills to Berks to W CT    (maybe into S VT and SW nh and central mass) . Those spots could see a quick 4-6 if lift is solid

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

12z GFS is flatter then the 06z run as well, Keeps the precip further south, Another couple runs if this trend continues even CNE will be on the outside looking in.

It did chew some of the northern precip extent up in NNE....though it was stronger with the CCB down south. Seems like the front side got slightly squished while the backside CCB got a bit better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

That secondary band ...after Zeta crap...looks like its gonna max out from Catskills to Berks to W CT (maybe into S VT and SW nh and central mass) 

Yes...that is the band most folks will want to focus on...if you are way up north like where Phin and powderfreak are, you probably hope some of the Zeta front end stuff hits you for best shot at snow....seems like the backside fronto-band snows are going to be more of a CNE/SNE deal if current trends hold.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

It did chew some of the northern precip extent up in NNE....though it was stronger with the CCB down south. Seems like the front side got slightly squished while the backside CCB got a bit better.

Yes, second part was better down in SNE, First wave was squashed a little south, Very sharp cutoff to the precip shield on the Northern side.

11 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Definitely colder, deeper and more tucked. We take.

Yea, looks longer duration. 

Didn't it nail a few early (Nov/Dec) storms a few years back? Not looking for a model to ride, just remember maybe 2-3 years ago early it was all the rage on this board until it fell flat mid winter. I remember it was my first introduction to that model.