Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
“Let’s Talk Winter!

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pretty frustrating to have one of the best snows of the winter happen on April 21st:weep:.

Hard to measure due to such variance of measurements. Some surfaces shaded by trees and others acting as mini-heat islands. Where sloped ground is away from prevailing sun angle....about 4 inches or so. Maybe some more than that. Didn't spend a lot of time measuring. All will likely be gone by sometime this PM.

The good news for snow lovers.....in just two months...the days start getting shorter again.:P.

A look out the back door......

P1010794.JPG

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, iluvsnow said:

Pretty frustrating to have one of the best snows of the winter happen on April 21st:weep:.

Hard to measure due to such variance of measurements. Some surfaces shaded by trees and others acting as mini-heat islands. Where sloped ground is away from prevailing sun angle....about 4 inches or so. Maybe some more than that. Didn't spend a lot of time measuring. All will likely be gone by sometime this PM.

The good news for snow lovers.....in just two months...the days start getting shorter again.:P.

A look out the back door......

P1010794.JPG

4" IMBY as well, and a group of us is going camping today thru Sunday down in Highland Co :snowing:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, pondo1000 said:

Wow, an early post! I just thought I’d take a peak & didn’t expect to see you in here already. Hopefully a winter with much more from you this year! Cheers!

Hopefully we'll have a lot to talk about.   With an Almanac forecast of "icy, flaky", what can possibly go wrong!

• Haha 2

Well I planted a lot this year-especially some stuff that will need a mild winter to get established so it will almost certainly be a tough and cold winter now. Everything else is thriving including a Crape Myrtle that is about 7-8 feet tall in my father's back yard(it as survived at least to a few feet from the ground for the last 16 years)so it is time for it to be pruned back by sub zero cold. 

Probably lots of rain and snow and drastic fluctuations in temperature to ensure perennials get heaved out of the ground.  :)

*Already bought nice new heavy boots for the heavy snows so bring it on!

• Like 2