Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
“Let’s Talk Winter!

Steve

3 minutes ago, jbcmh81 said:

I wonder if Columbus even officially reports an inch from both waves combined.  Just an absolute historic bust.

I'm a hurricane guy, winter is not my hobby. Can you explain in layman terms what is happening to allow such a bust in central Ohio? Too warm of air? 

7 hours ago, jaf316 said:

I'm sure we won't get the NW shift when we actually need it

Rooting for the NAM...play the hot hand.

Playing with "house money" at this point -- 9.5", 2" (last week M, W-- the fluffy stuff too). Th-Sunday, the base shrunk down to 3.5 - 4(?). Added 1", then six hours of sleet, closed out with a fluffy 1.5" with mood flakes as the sun comes up.

Good 8 day stretch ..... let's close it out with an overperformer!

:snowing::weenie:

All in all, in Bellbrook, we made the most out of a sad situation. Switched from sleet....and even some freezing rain for a while to snow about 9:00 PM. Then got moderate to heavy snow for 4 or 5 hours. Ended up with about 5 inches. We are the last holdouts...still using the shovel method to clean off the drive and walkways Still snow globes and 15....and totally exhausted. One of the toughest shovels I can remember. Maybe finally time for the blower. Of course if I do....it will no doubt curse things and we will go years before its needed.:D

P1010790.JPG

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jbcmh81 said:

Not really.  While it was the furthest NW and warmest, even it wasn't nearly warm enough and still showed far more snow for many areas.  

Versus the other models it kept it much further NW so it was sniffing out something. Was it 100% accurate? No. But it kept a fly in the ointment the whole time.