• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
“Let’s Talk Winter!

Steve

The ongoing mix will flip to snow in Cincinnati and Columbus as lift and rates improve over the next few hours (before probably going back to a mix this evening) so you'll still get some snow, but I-71 is definitely going to end up well within the gradient in totals with max amounts well to the west. 

Okay so NWS Wilmington has put out two maps that were posted on this page and are less than half an hour apart in when they were created...but they are so different? Which one to believe?-do I get 2-3 inches of snow, or 5-6 inches? Issued at 2:22 and 2:43, respectively? This along with the horrible new NWS radar is really putting me off. 

1 minute ago, OHweather said:

The ongoing mix will flip to snow in Cincinnati and Columbus as lift and rates improve over the next few hours (before probably going back to a mix this evening) so you'll still get some snow, but I-71 is definitely going to end up well within the gradient in totals with max amounts well to the west. 

Do you think far Western Franklin County and far Eastern Madison County will escape any significant ice?

1 minute ago, sojitodd said:

Okay so NWS Wilmington has put out two maps that were posted on this page and are less than half an hour apart in when they were created...but they are so different? Which one to believe?-do I get 2-3 inches of snow, or 5-6 inches? Issued at 2:22 and 2:43, respectively? This along with the horrible new NWS radar is really putting me off. 

They're prob thinking "welp we can't make up our mind, so we won't"

Just now, OHweather said:

You won't get significant ice that far west, but you'll probably get more sleet than you want. 

I would rather get a triple colonoscopy than deal with freezing rain so I will take less snow as long as it is not any damn ice.  I suppose the Thursday storm will screw us all over too. *bad mood intensifies*

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Hey gents, 

I'm a longtime lurker here and finally registered. 

I'm a weather novice that goes full weenie mode during the winter. Been following the Central Ohio folks for a few years now (welcome back Buckeye!) and I really appreciate the input you all provide.

Any input as to "why" the storm is going to end up more NW? In addition, can someone explain the WTOD and what it is/why it usually screws Central Ohio out of significant snow?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deslexia said:

Hey gents, 

I'm a longtime lurker here and finally registered. 

I'm a weather novice that goes full weenie mode during the winter. Been following the Central Ohio folks for a few years now (welcome back Buckeye!) and I really appreciate the input you all provide.

Any input as to "why" the storm is going to end up more NW? In addition, can someone explain the WTOD and what it is/why it usually screws Central Ohio out of significant snow?

I'm no expert but it seemed like a deeper/more negative trough with more energy held back led to a much more amped system. That allowed it to pull in more warm air while also tossing the snow further NW. It's just our climate here in central ohio.

WTOD is the warm tongue of death. We weenies ascribe that term to the intolerable upper warm air layers in the atmosphere that seem to always screw Ohioans out of their snow storms. I don't believe the storm actually is going further northwest....its just that a river of warm air aloft appears to be deeper and more entrenched than the models suggested earlier.