Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
“Let’s Talk Winter!

Steve

2 minutes ago, jbcmh81 said:

Good site.  The NWS radar is such a hot mess.  I like the multiple view options, but everything is painfully slow to load and so, so glitchy that it's worthless.  

That's weird... I don't experience any glitches with the weather.cod.edu site at all. Maybe because I copied and pasted the URL. Who knows. 

1 hour ago, jbcmh81 said:

I agree with you about it staying snow if it hits as heavy snow, but I can't discount the possibility of a classic Central Ohio bust.  It's happened too many times with too many heartbreaks.  The fact that the first round has mostly missed to the west is a bad sign.

I actually didn't do bad here in knox county with round 1. It was snowing fairly hard at 8am and I'd say we got around 2" from the first round and I'm further east than you guys.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, buckeye said:

I think my progression was TWC...Wright Weather....eastern....AmWx.  

Back in the day we didn't have geographic subforums....  The storm threads were like the wild west :lol:

I started on Rich Apuzzo's SkyeyeWeather forum early 2000s, then the EasternWX in which I think I was a member there longer there than the AmericanWX has been in existence (yea I'm old as my favorite weatherman was Joel Holbrook Ch10 WBNS back in the power winters of the late 70s)!

• Like 1

Just now, jaf316 said:

It sucks being right on the edge every single time. I feel like if you zoom in tight enough on these maps, you can see my house sitting right on the mix line... 

This is why the 71/70 corridors have such a crap history with really big snowfalls.  Conditions have to be absolutely perfect to see something like a double-digit snowfall.  

ALL TOGETHER NOW:   it's colder....it's warmer...it's north...it's south...it's colder...it's warmer...it's north...it's south....we're fcked...we're good...we're fcked...we're good....    

SNL_Matt_Farley_Down_By_the_River.gif?au

You guys gotta stop hanging on every meso run and panel.....storm's gonna do what storm's gonna do, especially when things are so close.   Just enjoy watching it unfold....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, buckeye said:

ALL TOGETHER NOW:   it's colder....it's warmer...it's north...it's south...it's colder...it's warmer...it's north...it's south....we're fcked...we're good...we're fcked...we're good....    

You guys gotta stop hanging on every meso run and panel.....storm's gonna do what storm's gonna do, especially when things are so close.   Just enjoy watching it unfold....

God I miss Farley!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Yeah, the run to run changes are very minor right now from what I'm seeing.  The story is 71 is on the line.  That's always the story.  

• Like 1