Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
“Let’s Talk Winter!

Steve

27 minutes ago, pondo1000 said:

Yeah, trying to get him to make a cameo on here. He probably doesn’t want to jinx us!! 

I hope he comes back. I vividly remember the night in March 2008 when got the 20 inches of snow at the airport(the airport being the jackpot spot-never happens but it did that time)and being amazed as the heaviest snow seemed to be going right up what was usually the WTOD Scioto River valley. He was up all night commenting about it and watching just like I was. What an amazing event that was! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoachLB said:

Not the same without buckeye.

I decided to go into lurking-only mode back in early spring.   Just needed to separate myself from here for awhile.   Didn't like who I became being sucked into a thread and a topic that in my opinion has no place here.  This is where we come to share our illogical and unique passion for weather.  It's the only place we can do it.   That's ALL this place should ever be.   That's my opinion and the last I will say about it:)

So on a lighter note, I did plan to start posting around Xmas but then we actually got a snowstorm on Xmas eve/day and then more snow, and now we sit with a snow cover and a potential decent storm coming in on top.  I told pondo and dilly that since I stopped posting we were having the best winter in years and I was afraid I might jinx it.     So let me apologize in advance to my Ohio brethren if this turns into a 1-3" turd now that I'm back.:devilsmiley:  As far as the later week threat, that's always been tenuous, so I ain't taking the blame if that washes us out.

• Like 11
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, buckeye said:

I decided to go into lurking-only mode back in early spring.   Just needed to separate myself from here for awhile.   Didn't like who I became being sucked into a thread and a topic that in my opinion has no place here.  This is where we come to share our illogical and unique passion for weather.  It's the only place we can do it.   That's ALL this place should ever be.   That's my opinion and the last I will say about it:)

So on a lighter note, I did plan to start posting around Xmas but then we actually got a snowstorm on Xmas eve/day and then more snow, and now we sit with a snow cover and a potential decent storm coming in on top.  I told pondo and dilly that since I stopped posting we were having the best winter in years and I was afraid I might jinx it.     So let me apologize in advance to my Ohio brethren if this turns into a 1-3" turd now that I'm back.:devilsmiley:  As far as the later week threat, that's always been tenuous, so I ain't taking the blame if that washes us out.

Thx 4 posting Buck! Here’s to a good one coming up!!!

21 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Welcome back Buckeye, I totally agree with your first paragraph :clap:

Glad to see a spread the wealth storm for all of Ohio.  Classic 2004 or  2008 style would be nice. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chuckster2012 said:

I'm surprised more people aren't posting on here with one and possibly two big storms bearing down on us. It will be epic if the second one is mostly snow and not rain.

Welcome back, Buckeye!

The north trend with this first one should be concerning for anyone hoping for mostly snow from the 2nd.  It's not been subtle, and if it continues to the last minute, I could see the I-71 corridor getting screwed with lower totals.  Still looks good at this point, but that NW trend has always been a killer and why climo doesn't support big snow (double digits) through Central Ohio.  ILN may be lowballing it compared to models, but they have a reason to be cautious.  CLE is definitely too low in NW Ohio. It's not even a question.  

9 minutes ago, jbcmh81 said:

The north trend with this first one should be concerning for anyone hoping for mostly snow from the 2nd.  It's not been subtle, and if it continues to the last minute, I could see the I-71 corridor getting screwed with lower totals.  Still looks good at this point, but that NW trend has always been a killer and why climo doesn't support big snow (double digits) through Central Ohio.  ILN may be lowballing it compared to models, but they have a reason to be cautious.  CLE is definitely too low in NW Ohio. It's not even a question.  

12z NAM agrees

Yea we'll have to see if this is the nam being the nam or if other models follow.   It would be reminiscent of the old days when we expected this to happen.   Just lately everything has trended south and weaker, in fact our most recent screw job was a result of models being too far north.

Ironically this is the first storm this season where we have a fresh arctic air mass pushing in too.

43 minutes ago, pondo1000 said:

12z NAM agrees

Yep.  I will say the NAM is always furthest NW with everything, but something to watch with that obvious dryslot.  Still shows a solid 6"+, but when it comes to the 71 corridor, these types of trends should be freaking everyone out.  It would be classic to be in the bullseye for days only to have it slip away at the last minute while those who thought they would miss it get slammed.  

3 minutes ago, Gino27 said:

I see no end in sight with the NW trends. Most of us within 20 miles or so of I-71 are probably screwed imo. Hopefully today's runs can stop the bleeding and NWS stays confident.

12z rgem will be very telling if it shows support with the nam.   Rgem likes amping things too.

8 minutes ago, Gino27 said:

I see no end in sight with the NW trends. Most of us within 20 miles or so of I-71 are probably screwed imo. Hopefully today's runs can stop the bleeding and NWS stays confident.

Typical Nam move before an event. Probably see it tick back later today. What’s funny is I have an advisory. I can walk across the street and be in the warning lol.

• Haha 1

Just now, CoachLB said:

Typical Nam move before an event. Probably see it tick back later today. What’s funny is I have an advisory. I can walk across the street and be in the warning lol.

I'm mostly disregarding the NAM because it has just been too inconstant. Every other model with the exception of the HRRR has been marching NW with no end in sight. Even the euro almost brought sleet into Franklin County. I know there's a lot more to this than models but it's still hard to watch.

6 minutes ago, buckeye said:

rgem looks good.      Leaving out the nam current moves, all models show a low going from the Gulf to E. TN with a fresh 1030+ high in the banana position to our NW.   I couldn't draw a better scenario for a Columbus winter storm.  

This is refreshing. I'm in SE Union county so I can typically do a little better than Cbus in these setups. If nam comes back to it's senses I'm game on.