• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
“Let’s Talk Winter!

Steve

An area of stead light snow has formed tonight in the western & central parts of Ohio over the past couple hours, I've picked up about 1/3" since it started, my truck and the streets are covered up already.  Looks like it may last the night stretching all the way to Lake Erie, ILN calling for up to 1" new snow, if this keeps up for like 8hrs they may have to adjust that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dilly84 said:

HRRR is further north for tonight.. not sure which model to buy.

Looking at radar, the 1st wave is definitely staying south, but more is supposed to develop overnight. There was some new returns showing up north of St. Louis so hopefully that continues. 

1 minute ago, pondo1000 said:

Looking at radar, the 1st wave is definitely staying south, but more is supposed to develop overnight. There was some new returns showing up north of St. Louis so hopefully that continues. 

I'm specifically talking totals. Hrrr still has south not getting much more than an inch maybe 2

hrrr-neohio-total_snow_10to1-2890000.png

Visibility down to about 1/2 mile, everything white again (anything exposed to the sun melted the last snow over the past week or so), maybe 1/2" per hour rate.

Its so rare in southern Ohio to get a snow system that every single flake sticks beginning to end (and we might get 3 or 4 in a row thru this time next week)!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, jbcmh81 said:

Total whiff for I-70 north.  I don't think the stuff out in Missouri is going to save you all.  Columbus will be lucky to see a tenth the way things look now, a far cry from 2-4".  I would expect those advisories to be dropped at some point.

Yep. Complete trash and pretty much every model was wrong with placement of this system.

19 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

Yep. Complete trash and pretty much every model was wrong with placement of this system.

Don’t forget the stationary front that is moving slightly north... and if you look closely the snow is edging north..

22 minutes ago, Steve said:

Don’t forget the stationary front that is moving slightly north... and if you look closely the snow is edging north..

You'd need an electron microscope to see that movement, and the back edge of the most northern extent along 70 is pushing through Dayton with nothing at all behind it.  Inch or less for the I-70 corridor, but the tier of counties just to the south could easily see 5"-6" considering what they're seeing.  Delaware, Union, etc. probably won't see a flake.  Newark might do slightly better since it's further east, but all the heavy stuff will miss you too.