Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
“Let’s Talk Winter!

Steve

33 minutes ago, pondo1000 said:

Execellentae’! What is your temp & dew point? 

I went from 34 to 30 in minutes, dew pt went from 22 to 25, I have a coating on already.  Steady light snow, but looks to become heavy soon.

This is my station: https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KOHBELLB15

Edit: Dumping the snow now just before 9pm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HighTechEE said:

Well dammit, you guys don't want to hear this, only after 1" of snow, it quit, and I don't know what is falling now, but it isn't snow at 30 degrees...

A mix of sleet was modeled by the hi-res models in this initial band. Dewpoints and wetbulbs are still below freezing, so the column still has to fully cool.

4 hours ago, HighTechEE said:

Serious virga over the SW Ohio area now, hope it doesn't turn into Thunder Virga! :unsure:

Here it just went from virga and flurries to pouring snow.  I think the dewpoint jumped up 10 degrees in 20 minutes.  Went from 16 degrees to 26 degrees.  It's a plate-dominant snow with mostly smaller flakes, so not accumulating super fast.  Definitely reducing visibility though, especially since the wind is picking up.

About an inch just west of Columbus...snow falling nicely and everything covered very nicely. Beautiful outside!

I love it like this-especially since I won't have to drive in it. The snow is looking great on the shrubs- but by morning I will likely have to clean them off-some of them don't take well to heavy snow and all-especially boxwood topiaries.