• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
“Let’s Talk Winter!

Steve

HRRR is trending back west, and spitting out some much better numbers for CMH.   Picking up on some good lift through a nice deep DGZ.  I'm thinking we see a couple of hours of nice ratio snow, maybe not 5+ inches some models are suggesting, but I think a nice surprise snow could be in the works.  

Screenshot 2020-12-24 at 2.11.59 PM.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iluvsnow said:

The new trends are for the track to be more west.....but not enough for we in Greene county. We must have been naughty this year. The Euro 6z map posted on the main thread is ax to the head worthy for us. Literally two counties east they would have a half foot. We southeast Dayton burber's....not so much. Merry Christmas to all in Kable's Mill. Living in Eagle Rise, just west of you.....you'll have more than me.

Yes Merry Christmas to you as well! I got about 10 flakes that stuck on top of my truck, then nothing. I just checked some webcams and there is heavy snow now between Chillicothe and Jackson, looks like about 1" has stuck already.

44 minutes ago, Steve said:

We have around 2 inches here in Newark.... Snowing moderately to heavy right now.... looking at radar I believe we could get a couple more inches.... Christmas eve snow is awesome!!

Looking good here too. 4"-6" doesn't seem unreasonable judging by the radar.

Definitely overperformed further west with places in Madison County getting 2-3" when few models had more than an inch at best.  Looks like 3-5" across Columbus. 

Will probably go down as the snowiest Christmas Eve in Columbus ever, which is kind of sad if you think about it.  

The biggest December 24th snowfall ever before today was 2.7" in 1980.  An inch or more has fallen on the date only 4 times since 1884, not including today, and not once in the 40 years since 1980.  Before that, there was a 19-year drought.  So yeah, it'll probably be a long time before it happens again.  

5 minutes ago, jbcmh81 said:

Definitely overperformed further west with places in Madison County getting 2-3" when few models had more than an inch at best.  Looks like 3-5" across Columbus. 

Will probably go down as the snowiest Christmas Eve in Columbus ever, which is kind of sad if you think about it.  

The biggest December 24th snowfall ever before today was 2.7" in 1980.  An inch or more has fallen on the date only 4 times since 1884, not including today, and not once in the 40 years since 1980.  

Wow

Merry Christmas all!  Saw a report in Lancaster just under 8", my in-laws in Meigs Co got 5". Had a quarter of a skiff last night IMBY, must have evaporated as there's nothing left this morning. I'm still being punished for the Dec '04 storm, LOL, 16" IMBY that year, my boss got 2ft in Lewisburg ~35miles west of me, and a buddy of mine in Highland Co got 1.5" of FR in that storm (and I think the ice made it up to the Columbus area as well).