Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
“Let’s Talk Winter!

Steve

On 10/23/2020 at 5:42 PM, Angrysummons said:

Much like I said about going into 17-18, it can't be any worse. 2019-20 was one of the worst OV winters in the last 30 years I ever remember. It just sucked so bad. Even a average temp winter with average snowfall would be a blessing lol.

2011-12 says "hold my beer"  :-(

2011-12 CONUS AWSSI.png

2019-20 CONUS AWSSI.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, iluvsnow said:

Attention Buckeye and fellow oft' depressed snow weenies....please report to tropical tidbits/pivotal weather maps ASAP. Our season of hope/followed by heartbreak is knocking on the door for another season of melodrama.....

Having spend the first 39 years of my life in Ohio, I couldn't decide which reaction to use.  I feel your pain.  It makes those times it actually does pan out even more special.

You have to love that little retrograde action going on later in the run also.

• Like 1

Just to put the Lucy football curse on we Ohioans....here's the noon snow output for the next 10 days from the Euro. The first event brings a southern storm into the new cold air early next week. The phased storm passes over Western Ohio....Indiana/Michigan jackpots. However the Euro shows a second piece of energy coming up from the southwest at the end of the ten days that it believes will favor parts of Ohio. At the least...it will give us a head start on our seasonal digital snow totals.....which is usually all we get.

sn10_acc.conus.png

• Weenie 1

I'll take the 17 inches the Canadian is showing for next week in columbus. 'cause that'll happen... 

But serious question: While I have yet to see a good solid snowstorm (widespread 6+) in the nearly 5 years since I moved to central Ohio, I have to assume it is possible. So how do we get big snows around here? East coast storms are too far east, lakes cutters are too warm, and apps runners are rare unicorns. Are overrunning events our best bet? When I lived in NY I knew exactly what kind of setup to look for. We didn't always get the big snows, but I knew which patterns had potential. Here, I don't even know what I'm looking for. Help! 

Signed, 

Snow-starved in C-bus

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoDoppler4TnySandz said:

I think it's a combination of factors...warm weekend, early season, waiting for it to wagons west...rainy slop :)

I checked out for 24 hours and just took look at the NAM....looks alot like the Euro 00z....this is a big Euro run coming up (fingers crossed)

I'm not sure if the northern stream wave was fully sampled for the 12z run. But it should increase confidence in the outcome.