Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2020 Discussion

Bostonseminole

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah if my back is better I can’t wait for 30s and drizzle. Keep those windows sealed tight and pack everyone in around the table like obstructed views at Fenway. Then just let everyone  breathe on each other’s food. Can’t wait.

The gift that keeps on giving.

7 minutes ago, correnjim1 said:

people need to get on with their lives....what are we going to do live in lockdown for the rest of our lives....also stop telling people they are awful humans cause they want to get together with friends and family....

A little hyperbole here.

I just liked the original Goofus idea of a warm Thanksgiving with windows open or even eating outside. No need to read into it more than that. :weenie:

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

23.7° after a low of 19°. Coating of snow this morning. Still an occasional flake, but the goods in NH are up by Alex and Evan.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Getting smoked this morning.

An inch last hour.  This blew up a bit.

D27A1C3B-A2F7-45E3-9C6E-DA4C37754D22.gif.bd99fd151aa55d94bc602483d1fde491.gif

C07BDE09-DFD9-4B3F-92A3-ABC736968144.thumb.jpeg.f805e9b00bfe86a8e4a69ca99c0f27fd.jpeg

You need a dashboard cam lol. Nice little event.

57 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You need a dashboard cam lol. Nice little event.

Ha I love the 5am drive to the mountain.  Can pretty much stop in the middle of the road in a 50mph zone and just sit and watch it snow.  No tire tracks anywhere the entire drive up too.

That was a fun little stat padder this morning of 2-3" between town and the hill.  Keep nickel and diming it.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Ha I love the 5am drive to the mountain.  Can pretty much stop in the middle of the road in a 50mph zone and just sit and watch it snow.  No tire tracks anywhere the entire drive up too.

That was a fun little stat padder this morning of 2-3" between town and the hill.  Keep nickel and diming it.

Why do you get up so early

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Not just "folks" - two weeks ago I heard an (unconfirmed) account of LEOs in NY State running drones over hiking trails to check on mask compliance.  Such a wonderful use of their time and resources.
We had our Thanksgiving meal on 11/14 with daughter/son-in-law and grandkids.  It's now day 15 since they arrived here for a week's visit and none of the 11 of us has any signs of infection despite burgeoning cases in both NJ and Maine.

This smacks as a bit of an 'indirect evince'  ... evidence of a cultural bias to operate on initial plausibility impulses without constraint ... lacking quantitative/qualitative empirical derived intelligence.

I was just reading this article on NPR this morning ... ( National Public Radio, and perhaps one of the last bastions/depots where can be found non-manipulated informatics available for commoner...), https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/11/24/938593233/a-case-for-focusing-pandemic-restrictions-on-small-social-gatherings   ... nested in those turns of phrase and sentences is penned direct statements where is implicit that a haplessly spied upon hiker with no mask ... represents nominal factor in enhancing spread...

Perspective: A hundred -fifty years ago, 'folk' would hunker down with their rifles and shot guns poised, cocked and ready ... Not saying that is 'better', but ...there is a virtuosity in in just waiting ... you know?  If by metaphor alone - meaning don't react until you got the facts!  ...pending information to act - they didn't know what to do, and they knew that doing the wrong thing could prove far worse -

But in modernity?  ..we've gone and evolved a sort of 'pathos response' at a cultural level - people are brazen at taking matters into their own hands, hands guided by false information and lack of respect for the process of finding truth...  and just assuming the plausibility is veracious. When we bathe lower objective reasoners with information that is intrinsically aggrandized for affect, you 'effect' actions ...and they pull their triggers.

... So, is any 'trail non-compliance' even sufficient enough to be a Pandemic threat? Doesn't appear to be the case as purported by those that actually DO possess said intelligence.  

Lol, "unconfirmed"  ... it's not hard to imagine in this nosy "tattle-tail" society we have these days where high-tech hides douche operator identity ... of course that happened!  But maybe I'm just being plausible :)  ... Drone comedy of rural nimrod, line-toeing sycophants to the Covid-19 Reich.

12z GFS with substantial continuity break ...

Less multi-stream involvement and really not an altogether trustworthy solution by look in general, but then adding two factors:   ( said continuity disruption + PNA in the midst of mode change)/2 = good luck...

Tho I still suspect the Euro has an overly smoothed/hyper correction that results in an overly deeply wound up unlikely Lakes solution ( seeing as it is D6/7 when that model bias' toward curvaceous flows anyway..)...  I still think it's "smoothing" 4-D variable m.o. might be interesting here in a hour... 

The GFS is clawing and scraping to get a solution closer to the E/C though -

• Weenie 1