Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2020 Discussion

Bostonseminole

35 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

You guys do this every year - Do yourselves a favor and stop worrying about the models til early December. It will save you a lot of frustration. (not directed toward the mets, but the winter weenies)

It’s not the models.. it’s the global set up. It’s garbage. Good luck planning in a snowy winter 

• Weenie 4

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Explain in detail please.  TYIA.

He's playing the reverse psychology game pretty strongly this year. Hey, at least he's not setting himself up for disappointment I guess if it actually ends up as a total ratter.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

He's playing the reverse psychology game pretty strongly this year. Hey, at least he's not setting himself up for disappointment I guess if it actually ends up as a total ratter.

It's always safest to troll against a good winter. If you are right, you get to crow and pretend you know something. If you are wrong, everyone is too happy with the snow to bother remembering your dumb posts.

• Like 4
  • Weenie 1

Just now, weathafella said:

Oh I know.  I want to make him give me some meteorology..lol.

Today is the first day I've had a little cautious optimism for December since maybe 10+ days ago. We've seen this trend toward a more serviceable looking pattern for a couple days now....so hopefully that lends some credence to it not being a model blio or one-off.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Today is the first day I've had a little cautious optimism for December since maybe 10+ days ago. We've seen this trend toward a more serviceable looking pattern for a couple days now....so hopefully that lends some credence to it not being a model blio or one-off.

That’s how I feel as well. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it's not a good pattern yet there but it is a lot better than what we've see before that. Hopefully we trend the PNA positive a bit more beyond 12/5.

Just happy to see that pig moving away from Ak. Rolling forward (la la land range) I would think it should improve 

35 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Just happy to see that pig moving away from Ak. Rolling forward (la la land range) I would think it should improve 

Yeah I'm hoping it doesn't migrate back though. The weeklies yesterday had it planting over AK for pretty much all of December. Weeklies can obviously be wrong (they've had some brutal stretches this year, including back in January), but you'd like to see the ensembles continue the trend over the next week.

I'd like to see at least one transient ridge shoot up into Bering/AK just to get Canada reloaded. It's pretty torched. It could use a refresh. The PNA ridging would be a lot more effective with a fresh cold dump prior to it. But beggars can't be choosers I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snowstorms said:

That's the norm every winter in Toronto. :lol: Sun comes out maybe 30% of the time in DJF. 

My 4 years in Ithaca NY were like that. Of course, it drives you mad after a while because it snows for like 2 weeks straight and you have about 3” on the ground to show for it. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1