Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2020 Discussion

Bostonseminole

6 minutes ago, leo2000 said:

Well doesn't help with the cold arctic air?. The distribution of it. 

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

If it's a Yukon-based -EPO that is phasing with the PNA ridge, I;ll take it (happened at times in 2015)...but I will decline a massive ridge over the Bering Strait or W AK if I can have a generic +PNA ridge instead.

I think it’s just playing with fire. Yeah if it’s properly placed sure, but more often than not it dumps into the Plains and it’s a mess for us. I’ll take a nice and sharp +PNA.  

• Like 2

Starting to think that we should throw our "classic nino/nina" patterns out the window with climate change, global warming, Hadley cell expansion (whatever you want to call it) .

I feel like I keep reading......that's not a nino look. That's not a nina look. That's not a neutral look. when we are squarely in one of the phases.

• Like 1

Just now, Chrisrotary12 said:

Starting to think that we should throw our "classic nino/nina" patterns out the window with climate change, global warming, Hadley cell expansion (whatever you want to call it) .

I feel like I keep reading......that's not a nino look. That's not a nina look. That's not a neutral look. when we are squarely in one of the phases.

The abridged cliff-note version of Tip.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Weeklies suck. Not much else to say. 

Sad! That our best snow event was in October.

Ive never had high hopes for this winter. Long range stuff across the board has kind of looked like poo.

Doesnt mean we can’t sneak something in somewhere over the next four months. On balance though, I don’t think it’s going to be pretty. That includes NNE too.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

2 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Well it’s not a Niña look. Whatever is causing it. It is a sucky look. 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Weeklies suck. Not much else to say. 

The funny thing is thats the exact sort of pattern where somehow Richmond or Atlanta or Nashville will find a snow event but anything major won't happen in the NE.  It sort of is 01-02/11-12ish, its not classic Nina SER at all, its just weak to moderate AK vortex, east has a trof at times (hard to tell with the smoothing) but no cold air source at all.

8 hours ago, tamarack said:

So you had to trigger my PTSD from 2009-10, didn't you?  :P  And that winter's BWI vs. CAR snowfall comparison is probably a 200-year event, maybe 500. 

My apologies. I was in my usual state of blissful ignorance until I checked some stats. Caribou had a little over 68 inches in 1961-62. Nearly 9 inches less than Baltimore’s 2010 totals. I couldn’t get the Caribou 2010 total. I believe Phineas will be a snow charm for both locales. As always .....

4 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Sad! That our best snow event was in October.

Ive never had high hopes for this winter. Long range stuff across the board has kind of looked like poo.

Doesnt mean we can’t sneak something in somewhere over the next four months. On balance though, I don’t think it’s going to be pretty. That includes NNE too.

There's always 2014-2015... trash until late January.  People trying to sled, coming home muddy when it's 2" of glop on top of dirt.  Meltdowns, bickering and blaming.  Then the stars align for 4-weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1