Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 2020 Discussion

Bostonseminole

40 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I am legit worried about being the curse. 

Don’t fret, Phineas. The only way such a curse could verify is if Baltimore ended up with a higher cold season snow total than Caribou. That would force the Reaper to give room sanctuary to both DT and JB. There goes the neighborhood. As always ....

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Coldest night for the rest of the year incoming?...maybe coldest night of the winter season? Already 25.2⁰ here.....

C’mon Spanks...even 2016 which sucked, had a mid Atlantic monster blizzard and a record breaking cold snap, with sub zero low temps on Valentine’s Day weekend, in an otherwise sea of warmth.  

And we’re worried on 11/18 nonetheless???   

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

18z GFS is a series of horrendous driving rainstorms even up here. Ugly run. 

The arctic pattern is just utter trash in the medium range so it’s going to take a lucky break to get a good snow event. You’ll have a much better chance there than down here of course, but even NNE will need a little help this early in the year with that type of arctic.  

12 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
30 minutes ago, kdxken said:
Laparoscopic? I had it done last year was golfing and stacking wood within a month. Cutting trees and splitting wood was closer to 3. Good luck!

Taking a dump is the worst after surgery

Throw in a couple Oxys and it's a world of pain.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
12 minutes ago, kdxken said:
Throw in a couple Oxys and it's a world of pain.

I didn't bother with the pain killers. Some bourbon was good enough without the constipation

I didn't either. Rather uncomfortable sleeping the first night but nothing I couldn't handle. Learned my lesson on opiates and constipation with a motorcycle accident in my youth.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The arctic pattern is just utter trash in the medium range so it’s going to take a lucky break to get a good snow event. You’ll have a much better chance there than down here of course, but even NNE will need a little help this early in the year with that type of arctic.  

Icing?

44 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

C’mon Spanks...even 2016 which sucked, had a mid Atlantic monster blizzard and a record breaking cold snap, with sub zero low temps on Valentine’s Day weekend, in an otherwise sea of warmth.  

And we’re worried on 11/18 nonetheless???   

I know...all in jest, it can't get worse than last year, right? I will enjoy any snow we get, especially after the past 8 months. Already down to 22.3⁰ here in death valley after a high of 33. Saw a few flakes here this morning, even saw a nice coating in Newtown while was there. Nice to see at least....

• Like 1

It could also be the enhancing gradient/baseline sped up jet/westerlies too tho. 

I mentioned this to Will earlier but it’s the same process ... not just over the PAC but  in the total hemisphere…

The increase wind velocities cause the heights to fall on the polar side of the flow it might be causing the arctic oscillation to bias positive and that would cause heights and temperatures to lower within the Vortx the strengthening the PV

12 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Big bust on temps here.  I think I only got to 21*.  Either it was a big miss on forecast or my thermometer sucks or trees are preventing me from radiating.  Or some combination of the three.

Warmer air is already moving in aloft it looks like the low of 18 was around 2:00 a.m.here on a nearby PWS