• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2020 Discussion

Bostonseminole

I think we have a better chance than slight for snow next week - how much so ..? But I suspect it's not as low as all that.

it's just that said chance is not painted by any models, either - ha!  Not helping my case...no. 

It's what imho I think is in the "likeliness" envelope of that time frame...   

Seeing a bulge, ...albeit subtle ( I get it ), in the PNA guidance.   The GEFs are very concerted tho, and this aligns with the antecedent ...albeit low end materialization of a phased 8-1-2 MJO migration. 

Here's a mind-bender ... if the HC expansion shit wasn't in play ( at all times in the fluid construct of the global scale), we'd see a strong wave mechanical presence emerging in the observation net - but this is like a strong wave being ( I "think" ) masked/muted/hidden/concealed ...whatever adjective best suits, but the smothering effect of the expansion stuff is suppressing a better detection. 

I think/suspect that what is being modulated out of both the Euro and GEFs clusters ( reasonably agreeing) shows enough presentation there to suggest a forcing...  A flat-like +PNA with 50/50 chance at a pulsed -EPO loading are within the framework of results.   The flow being fast over all helps that overall thinking;  the more momentum ... it is "easier" for the models to map that out in time ...so it's not like the same scenario where we have subtle teleconnector modalities in a nebular flow that has more entropy guiding uncertainty... It's more like looking at the girders in the scaffolding as iron-clad because the bigger momentum has more weight -

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I could be wrong, but I believe Ginx has a big big one.

I'm just standing in for  Zeus.

I figure it is gonna be a great winter. front loaded with warmth to keep us outside and not going crazy, and backloaded with heavy snow as we follow the plows to the CVS to get our vaccines and emerge into the world again.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I think we have a better chance than slight for snow next week - how much so ..? But I suspect it's not as low as all that.

it's just that said chance is not painted by any models, either - ha!  Not helping my case...no. 

It's what imho I think is in the "likeliness" envelope of that time frame...   

Seeing a bulge, ...albeit subtle ( I get it ), in the PNA guidance.   The GEFs are very concerted tho, and this aligns with the antecedent ...albeit low end materialization of a phased 8-1-2 MJO migration. 

Here's a mind-bender ... if the HC expansion shit wasn't in play ( at all times in the fluid construct of the global scale), we'd see a strong wave mechanical presence emerging in the observation net - but this is like a strong wave being ( I "think" ) masked/muted/hidden/concealed ...whatever adjective best suits, but the smothering effect of the expansion stuff is suppressing a better detection. 

I think/suspect that what is being modulated out of both the Euro and GEFs clusters ( reasonably agreeing) shows enough presentation there to suggest a forcing...  A flat-like +PNA with 50/50 chance at a pulsed -EPO loading are within the framework of results.   The flow being fast over all helps that overall thinking;  the more momentum ... it is "easier" for the models to map that out in time ...so it's not like the same scenario where we have subtle teleconnector modalities in a nebular flow that has more entropy guiding uncertainty... It's more like looking at the girders in the scaffolding as iron-clad because the bigger momentum has more weight -

you  and Kevin have a  lot in common...

you have been occassionally honking about parts of November and I refuse to give up.

2 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, he is going 2010-2011...which is I parenthetically added "most of us" lol

LC and DT are going pretty big, too, but backloaded.....although DT is waivering a bit due to lack of cold up north.

Speaking of lack of cold up north, I think this map is interesting.  Some fairly well placed features...but deep cold almost nowhere to be found:

ecmwf_z500_mslp_namer_11.png

31 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

Speaking of lack of cold up north, I think this map is interesting.  Some fairly well placed features...but deep cold almost nowhere to be found:

ecmwf_z500_mslp_namer_11.png

10 day OP map.....caveats apply...but that isn't a bad look at all in winter. PV on the Asian side of the hemisphere but that is plenty serviceable. For November winter wx events, you probably want more PV involvement since you are fighting climo a little harder this time of the year for snow. But having that kind of blocking up in AK and the Yukon is good and would work in December.

23 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think many could see flakes on Tuesday....as the trough axis moves underneath us. Not a big deal but some snow showers around. Prob some minor accumulations in the usual mountain spots (Berks up to Greens and Whites)

We're having winter by thanks giving ;)