Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 2020 Discussion

Bostonseminole

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I know not many want to hear it, hell it pains me to say it......but this is a good thing for many right about now. 

Yup.  I half expect the adolescent black bear to show back up at my door going “well that was a short winter, got one good snowstorm though...when you planning on taking out the trash?”

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I don't want winter at all.  It has nothing to do with this warm spell  - which I believe despite all eye-rolling is a partial manifestation of global warming.  But ...this exotic warmth has me thinking...

Same exact delivery 100 years ago is around 70 ... not mid to upper 70s... it is  impossible to prove, yet is true, and so goes the insidious nature of GW. 

The problem is "synergistic" is nature - which is a result/outcome that is "more than the sum of the individual parts"  ...  In modern climate/changing therein... the "synergy" moments are warmer than they are 100 years ago... then, they are gone. Their causality with them... poof.  When the rest states may only be mere decimals apart. The system does not appear capable of producing them with regularity, because the "more" in the more than the sum of their parts, is an emergence - so... they are dismissed out of hand as flukes. 

Wrong -   

We've only gained 1 F since 1920 ( say...). Synergy means that heat waves may be 5 F warmer... and Indian Summers are more likely to reach exotic anomalies in scalar and temporal ranges.  That's how it works... 

See, I am starting to believe that the old mantra of "you can't blame a heat wave on global warming" is actually an equivocation- a lie...

It's a lie pushed across by for two root reasons:   

either immorally to evade having to admit to GW...

OR,

those that thought they were actually being scientifically rational .. are missing that synergy bombs are going off because of it. 

Because either root ignores, or fails to examine "synergistic behavior" ... as a specific threat emergence which is something that only exist ephemerally and circumstantially, then disappears once the forces contributing disperse...   

I don't think the synergies of 1920, are as likely to emerge what we are dealing with now. 

Tip what concerns me is that I read through your post and not only understood it but agreed with it, enjoyed it and ( get ready ) actually wished it was longer. It means to me only one of two things; either your losing your touch or I’m gaining mine. As always ....

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yup.  I half expect the adolescent black bear to show back up at my door going “well that was a short winter, got one good snowstorm though...when you planning on taking out the trash?”

All that weight went right to his thighs, and for what?? A single measly upslope event!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I mean I’ve been in shorts for days and days.  I love winter, I really do. But this year brings challenges I feel that creep up every day. The more time passes, the more I’m ok with 11-12 redux. I don’t prefer that, but if it sucks......furnace the phucker. 

This might be the only year that I would not mind winter holding off.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

Legit cold snap next week I’m the guidance 

Yeah it’s been trending a lot colder in the past couple days. Prob some more upslope up north too as it looks like a bit of cyclonic flow around a low in Quebec. That part could change though. 

32 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I mean I’ve been in shorts for days and days.  I love winter, I really do. But this year brings challenges I feel that creep up every day. The more time passes, the more I’m ok with 11-12 redux. I don’t prefer that, but if it sucks......furnace the phucker. 

We had a 11-12 redux last winter. 

54 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There haven't been that many new additions to this community since the EasternWX days... is it possible some of us are aging out of winter?

MHT 77R (72 in 1999)
BDL 77R (76 in 1931)
CON 76R (73 in 1931)
CAR 75R (63 in 1948)
BOS 75
PVD 74R (73 in 1999)
HUL 73R (65 in 1948)
BGR 72R (68 in 1931)
PWM 72R (64 in 2009)
BTV 72
ORH 72
MPV 70R (69 in 2009)
BDR 70R (69 in 1977)
AUG 69R (64 in 1948)
Blew the doors off previous records. The CAR temp is usually their avg high in early july
  • Like 1