Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2020 Discussion

Bostonseminole

40 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The all-time November record was broke there last year with 68F on 11/1/2018. That was broken yesterday with 69F. The 72F+ will shatter that.

Before today, their latest 72F+ on record was 75F on 10/28/1947 and their latest 70F was 10/30/1989. So this is pretty exceptional.

Yikes, also impressive.

I don't want winter at all.  It has nothing to do with this warm spell  - which I believe despite all eye-rolling is a partial manifestation of global warming.  But ...this exotic warmth has me thinking...

Same exact delivery 100 years ago is around 70 ... not mid to upper 70s... it is  impossible to prove, yet is true, and so goes the insidious nature of GW. 

The problem is "synergistic" is nature - which is a result/outcome that is "more than the sum of the individual parts"  ...  In modern climate/changing therein... the "synergy" moments are warmer than they are 100 years ago... then, they are gone. Their causality with them... poof.  When the rest states may only be mere decimals apart. The system does not appear capable of producing them with regularity, because the "more" in the more than the sum of their parts, is an emergence - so... they are dismissed out of hand as flukes. 

Wrong -   

We've only gained 1 F since 1920 ( say...). Synergy means that heat waves may be 5 F warmer... and Indian Summers are more likely to reach exotic anomalies in scalar and temporal ranges.  That's how it works... 

See, I am starting to believe that the old mantra of "you can't blame a heat wave on global warming" is actually an equivocation- a lie...

It's a lie pushed across by for two root reasons:   

either immorally to evade having to admit to GW...

OR,

those that thought they were actually being scientifically rational .. are missing that synergy bombs are going off because of it. 

Because either root ignores, or fails to examine "synergistic behavior" ... as a specific threat emergence which is something that only exist ephemerally and circumstantially, then disappears once the forces contributing disperse...   

I don't think the synergies of 1920, are as likely to emerge what we are dealing with now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

41 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Your wife must think NNE is great in November! Once you get those pesky October snows out-of-the-way it’s smooth sailing.

LOL yeah definitely some of that vibe up here right now. Our neighbors keep saying ominous things about the winter whenever we see them, however. I think they are looking forward to watching us flatlanders struggle mightily this winter. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

LOL yeah definitely some of that vibe up here right now. Our neighbors keep saying ominous things about the winter whenever we see them, however. I think they are looking forward to watching us flatlanders struggle mightily this winter. 

BML is currently 70F and they've only recorded 70+ after this date once in their short history of the ASOS going back to 1996. That was a 72F on 11/11/2002. The COOP goes back to 1886 and has a few more 70s sprinkled in through the month. But yeah, this is pretty rare. The past 2 Novies were really cold.

Winters are very long and frigid so a little lingering warmth into late fall isn't exactly a bad thing. I know you probably want the kitchen sink thrown at you in your first winter though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dendrite said:

BML is currently 70F and they've only recorded 70+ after this date once in their short history of the ASOS going back to 1996. That was a 72F on 11/11/2002. The COOP goes back to 1886 and has a few more 70s sprinkled in through the month. But yeah, this is pretty rare. The past 2 Novies were really cold.

Winters are very long and frigid so a little lingering warmth into late fall isn't exactly a bad thing. I know you probably want the kitchen sink thrown at you in your first winter though.

The last few days were nice to wrap up a few loose ends outdoors for sure, but we are ready for the serious cold and snow at this point. Hope the worm turns here soon. Get back to last Tuesday’s kind of feel. 

18 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

This stretch of warmth has to be almost unprecedented for November.  6-7 days of 70 75-79F.

Course ... not sure if y'all s-breezed down there.  At least out here in the 300 ' level beneath the Worcester Hills of Metro west and 495 ... we've challenged May for a week.

39 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah it’s a long winter.  2018 even pushed it for me... snow cover solid from like early Nov till April in the yard.

This is pretty nice, but yeah can also see Phin wanting a 7-month 220” cry for mamma winter to get fully welcomed in first winter.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dendrite said:

The all-time November record was broke there last year with 68F on 11/1/2018. That was broken yesterday with 69F. The 72F+ will shatter that.

Before today, their latest 72F+ on record was 75F on 10/28/1947 and their latest 70F was 10/30/1989. So this is pretty exceptional.

Normal high for July 4th

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I don't want winter at all.  It has nothing to do with this warm spell  - which I believe despite all eye-rolling is a partial manifestation of global warming.  But ...this exotic warmth has me thinking...

Same exact delivery 100 years ago is around 70 ... not mid to upper 70s... it is  impossible to prove, yet is true, and so goes the insidious nature of GW. 

The problem is "synergistic" is nature - which is a result/outcome that is "more than the sum of the individual parts"  ...  In modern climate/changing therein... the "synergy" moments are warmer than they are 100 years ago... then, they are gone. Their causality with them... poof.  When the rest states may only be mere decimals apart. The system does not appear capable of producing them with regularity, because the "more" in the more than the sum of their parts, is an emergence - so... they are dismissed out of hand as flukes. 

Wrong -   

We've only gained 1 F since 1920 ( say...). Synergy means that heat waves may be 5 F warmer... and Indian Summers are more likely to reach exotic anomalies in scalar and temporal ranges.  That's how it works... 

See, I am starting to believe that the old mantra of "you can't blame a heat wave on global warming" is actually an equivocation- a lie...

It's a lie pushed across by for two root reasons:   

either immorally to evade having to admit to GW...

OR,

those that thought they were actually being scientifically rational .. are missing that synergy bombs are going off because of it. 

Because either root ignores, or fails to examine "synergistic behavior" ... as a specific threat emergence which is something that only exist ephemerally and circumstantially, then disappears once the forces contributing disperse...   

I don't think the synergies of 1920, are as likely to emerge what we are dealing with now. 

Better move

• Haha 1