• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2020 Discussion

Bostonseminole

This torch stretch doesn’t really have an indication of the winter. That’s like saying 4 days of 90s in May mean a furnace summer. 
Long range actually tries for a bit of a -NAO, but Pacific is still crappy. Some signs on the EPS that some dateline ridging was trying to build, but very subtle. My guess is any real change waits until December. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

This torch stretch doesn’t really have an indication of the winter. That’s like saying 4 days of 90s in May mean a furnace summer. 
Long range actually tries for a bit of a -NAO, but Pacific is still crappy. Some signs on the EPS that some dateline ridging was trying to build, but very subtle. My guess is any real change waits until December. 

But October snow.  :(

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I will gladly wait until December. 

3 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It’s just amazing.  Keep this until Turkey Day

It was hot today. I think the dews were down in the 40s but still broke a sweat doing leaves. It’s pretty interesting how the body got used to the cold shot where today felt like summer when it’s probably more spring like. Or maybe I’m just getting old so I’m more sensitive to big swings. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

We’re in Chicago but the landscaping lady wants to know whether it’s this week or next week cleanup.  No brainer-next week.  We’re back probably by the Monday before thanksgiving.

Based on all the full trees I saw in E MA this weekend.. you guys are a solid month away. It was like they all changed from green to yellow/ brown and didn’t drop one leaf. At least early Dec tell her 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Based on all the full trees I saw in E MA this weekend.. you guys are a solid month away. It was like they all changed from green to yellow/ brown and didn’t drop one leaf. At least early Dec tell her 

After a deep freeze last week I expect to be mostly bare by next week. Some of the trees in the woods were leafed but our property was dropping nicely when we left last Thursday.

11 hours ago, weathafella said:

We’re in Chicago but the landscaping lady wants to know whether it’s this week or next week cleanup.  No brainer-next week.  We’re back probably by the Monday before thanksgiving.

I agree....I begrudgingly held off, which was tough with a several day string of 70's.

I am all set with doing it twice.

13 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Completely agree.

We should see forcing pinned closer to the dateline for a good chunk of December, which is more reminiscent of an ep la nina.

11 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Don't tell that to @HoarfrostHubb.  His are all gone somehow, local cold spot. 

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

CAR is already 72F...jesus H.

The all-time November record was broke there last year with 68F on 11/1/2018. That was broken yesterday with 69F. The 72F+ will shatter that.

Before today, their latest 72F+ on record was 75F on 10/28/1947 and their latest 70F was 10/30/1989. So this is pretty exceptional.

1 hour ago, HimoorWx said:

Our oaks are stubborn, but at least the leaves finally turned brown last week. Always a race to sneak if they come down before the final town pickup in December. f8a5caaf7c018f0c7e4552488adc4481.jpg56b84fe8a86f607e2bf247e3b80ae11a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

All that is left are the oaks, and a few stray maple leaves near me.  Just frigging drop already.