Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 2020 Discussion

Bostonseminole

29 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

1k feet looks like the apex of the torch right now... departures this month seem much higher with the warm nights up there. 

ORH at +5.9F with BDL at +4.2.

I cannot believe ORH had a MIN of 57F the other day... like holy crap for a low temp in November.  ORH looks to be the hottest relative to normal in New England the past 5 days with absolutely zero cooling at night.

We almost always mirror each other’s low temps .. Within 1-3 degrees 

• Weenie 1

46 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I think I was responding to the idea of big departures through mid-November... only warmth through that time.  But yeah, we hope that day 7-10 is correct with seasonable cold.

I was initially puzzled by the statement as well, so I’m glad Ginx threw up the question mark to get clarification.  The models show snow chances starting up again as of Friday night, and even up here in the mountains you can’t really pull that off in mid November with substantial warmth.

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just like Morch 2012. Same kind of month with no cold in sight . Just AN

March 2010 was milder for most Maine sites north of PWM.  Farmington only got to 66 that month but hit 83 in 3/12.  The 2 months had vastly different temp sequences: 3/12 was like terrain that was below sea level at the start then climbed a tall mountain and finished on the beach after the incredible peak.   3/10 was more of a high plateau with a single narrow valley during the final week.  Since we were -8 after 4 days and +3 (and climbing) thru today, the profile would look like 3/12 if it's cool in late month.

2 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

Those are still above normal temps for MVL even if you take it from Thursday onwards.

Yeah it’s more seasonable but I didn’t have the normals readily available to say one way or another.  And maybe I’m looking at it as we already had highs in the 20s which is skewing my sense of normal... but I would assume those lows shown there would result in any daily as being above normal.

Its closer to normal though for sure.

Looks like last year on this date the max/min was 28/23, lol.  I think recent cold November’s are skewing my view too.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah it’s more seasonable but I didn’t have the normals readily available to say one way or another.  And maybe I’m looking at it as we already had highs in the 20s which is skewing my sense of normal... but I would assume those lows shown there would result in any daily as being above normal.

Its closer to normal though for sure.

Looks like last year on this date the max/min was 28/23, lol.  I think recent cold November’s are skewing my view too.

Yeah last year at this time was cold. 30s for highs even in CT. Nice little 40 degree difference from a year ago. Normals at MVL are 43-46/26-28 during that period. The chart would yield 4 warm days, 3 cool ones with a +1 departure from the week beginning Thursday.