• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2020 Discussion

Bostonseminole

Transition out of the over-performing Indian Summer and into more typical autumn by this weekend, that's my take.  Heh... tendency to hand throwing and grousing ...

Reasonably coherent pattern breakdown in the runs by week's end, tho - 

My own attempt at objective observation over the modeling, we enter what looks more like a seasonally oscillatory pattern featuring 'seasonal above' and 'seasonal below' temp as opposed to always so warm... Sunday MEX is 5 under at D6 ...that's a cold number for climate modulation/this range...    Either way, time for fropas and gunk. 

44 minutes ago, weathafella said:

First half of November departures are going to be off the charts!

Indirectly related... 

...you know, it's interesting to me.  I've noticed that we seem to get these exotic warm departure events outside of the warmer typical climo months in our region of the world - we don't get the heat when the sun is up. 

Europe..over to the low els beneath the Urals and parts of Russia and down in Australia, they get theirs more in the warm season proper. I don't know if that is back-able in the data. It may just be an artifact of News/media exposure.  But it seems that when press breaks headlines over these 110 F 'omg' doom heat domes... we never get those temperatures around here - what we get is 80 F in November.  It may be statistically equivalent in terms of anomaly but ( all jokes aside...), we've got it better.   

Anyway, in simple terms it seems we don't get the uber high temps here in summer. We're always clipping them short for whatever reason - but a reason always manifests.  Same latitude elsewhere... 109 F?  no problem.  I'm not saying one should "want" that temperature - haha...

That looks almost like a Nino river coming into the west coast out there in the GFS' recent operational runs. 

Makes TOtal sense in a Nina  :arrowhead:

Amid the GFS' multi-day hydraulic mining event ... there is even a 968 mb bomb coming into N. Cali D11 or so ...which, isn't a testament to its likeliness to actually take place or anything...but, that damaging scenario is then followed up by another in the deeper field... 

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That looks almost like a Nino river coming into the west coast out there in the GFS' recent operational runs. 

Makes TOtal sense in a Nina  :arrowhead:

Amid the GFS' multi-day hydraulic mining event ... there is even a 968 mb bomb coming into N. Cali D11 or so ...which, isn't a testament to its likeliness to actually take place or anything...but, that damaging scenario is then followed up by another in the deeper field... 

I said that last week. The pattern looks more like a Nino to me. Could be just a temporarily forced thing, but kind of funny to see that amid a rather stout Nina. 

Wasn’t the mayor Daley blizzard in early February of 1969? I was 10 years old and lived in Wethersfield Ct and remember it as being more impressive than the blizzard of 78, I know the 78 blizzard was huge east of the Connecticut River but in Wethersfield while impressive it wasn’t as impressive as February 1969

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Already 70 here at 1k. I had a feeling today would over perform with the low in the upper 50’s. It’s so warm aloft. We’ll see a legit 80 somewhere today in SNE

1k feet looks like the apex of the torch right now... departures this month seem much higher with the warm nights up there. 

ORH at +5.9F with BDL at +4.2.

I cannot believe ORH had a MIN of 57F the other day... like holy crap for a low temp in November.  ORH looks to be the hottest relative to normal in New England the past 5 days with absolutely zero cooling at night.