Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2020 Discussion

Bostonseminole

24 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I haven’t felt it either and you could tell Ray is a concerned as well that the under to his forecasted range has a good chance of hitting. 

It is what it is. 

Hey if we’re right it’ll give us plenty of days for beer drinking , high times and yard work outdoors this winter. May reseed some areas in Jan or Feb , plant perennials etc 

• Haha 2

Low 60s here, with more to come.  Prior to this year, we've had 60+ in November 16 times in 22 years with only 1999 hitting the mark as many as 3 times.  Reached 71 in 2003 and 66 the year before while 63 (4X) is 3rd.  I'd guess that frequency will be eclipsed this month - might have 5-6 reach 60 - and we might get to the 66 but I doubt 71 is in play here.

23 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hey if we’re right it’ll give us plenty of days for beer drinking , high times and yard work outdoors this winter. May reseed some areas in Jan or Feb , plant perennials etc 

Lol.. For any of you young-ens reading this, do not jump off the cliff.  We're bound to see some surprises this Winter

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

Yes, I've notice the "fold over -epo"...or whatever you called it....on the last few GFS runs.

Two different things ... -EPO vs the 'folding hypothesis'

But they mimic one another... Folding is just high velocity flow over the Pac encountering the back-logging of the continent and that exaggerates the perennial N/A pattern response and makes the ridge in western Canada burgeon more frequently...

The EPO is basically the whole region from the N-central Pac to Alaska and N BC.... And heights can and do rise into blocking in that region from other reasons... related to everything from PDO to west Pac TC recurvatures... to R-waves.  

Hard to say ...but the GEFs have an AO dive still after the 16 and the NAO too... and those aren't really related to 'folding hypothesis' if you will.. So with the AO going down, and a few members of both the EPS and GFS ensembles buckin for the strong MJO phase 8... - it's thin but not zero chance for that signal to return in earnest.   we'll see...

For the record?  I don't see November going down 74 F as the mean high -

This evening's sunset was pretty good around 4:30pm.  Crazy how early the sun falls below the horizon this time of year. 

Very mild out too... felt like a late-summer evening, happening in the middle of the afternoon.  A mini-mud season.

Wave like feature curling over the Green Mtn Spine.  

Nov_6_sunset.jpg.407f7eb4729e100e63560d17d98fa8c9.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, powderfreak said:

This evening's sunset was pretty good around 4:30pm.  Crazy how early the sun falls below the horizon this time of year. 

Very mild out too... felt like a late-summer evening, happening in the middle of the afternoon.  A mini-mud season.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

10 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I was thinking it felt more like that first warm day in April when the snow is gone and you can finally open the windows again.