Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2020 Discussion

Bostonseminole

4 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Unless of course if he is at an accident scene? I mean he just ain't there to watch.

True but picture shows no sign of accident and if the officer is at the scene taking photos, they should be of the scene not the cruiser.

In fairness, it is probably just an old photo they had laying around.

Well ..I'm pulling the plug at this point.   The telecon's are all abandoning that signal like a bat outta Pandemia at this point, and relying on 'sometimes these signals return' - heh, ... not lending confidence considering the 'synergistic' hemisphere - for lack of better word. 

I almost wonder if this redux'  2011-2012 after all - 

Oh, the counter argument ( of course ...) is ENSO this and that... and comparatively nill - but ...  If ENSO matters less - that effects that juggling arithmetic..  ;) 

I really have no compunctions about keeping my mind open to the notion that all La Nina this and El Nina that are almost irrelevant ... because of HC stuff having expanded so vastly ... may very well be engulfing and shutting down the trigger latitudes of the SST anomaly in the coupling  .... 

That may be why/related to why ( anyway...) the MJO is collapsing on the left side - because it's there...but it's detection is getting lost trying to propagate deeper across the Pacific where it is lost inside the HC.  It just all seems suspiciously related to me... 

So some hypothetical points there ...sure.  But there isn't anything very La Nina looking about a Pac NW jet that's trying to careen off the Pacific S of the 55th parallel like that... That in fact looks more El Nino ish... and may - in essence - really just be a f'n coincidence either way... 

I said this over the summer half in sarcasm ...that the flow may 'look' La Nina at times, but just because the meandering happened to migrate the jet through a traditional La Nina construct but is really just an ephemerality that isn't indicative - 

Could just be a warm winter - deal with it.  Because frankly, I don't see how the HC that is real and measured and fact ( ;) ) can merely be overcome because we 'think' it's supposed to be cold in DJF...  That's guiding seasonal outlooks and the HC stuff is also evading either attention or will to try and understand the changing Global paradigm - probably because of the implications of what they may mean. 

• Weenie 2

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Well ..I'm pulling the plug at this point.   The telecon's are all abandoning that signal like a bat outta Pandemia at this point, and relying on 'sometimes these signals return' - heh, ... not lending confidence considering the 'synergistic' hemisphere - for lack of better word. 

Torch 

23 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I almost wonder if this redux'  2011-2012 after all - 

Oh, the counter argument ( of course ...) is ENSO this and that... and comparatively nill - but ...  If ENSO matters less - that effects that juggling arithmetic..  ;) 

I really have no compunctions about keeping my mind open to the notion that all La Nina this and El Nina that are almost irrelevant ... because of HC stuff having expanded so vastly ... may very well be engulfing and shutting down the trigger latitudes of the SST anomaly in the coupling  .... 

That may be why/related to why ( anyway...) the MJO is collapsing on the left side - because it's there...but it's detection is getting lost trying to propagate deeper across the Pacific where it is lost inside the HC.  It just all seems suspiciously related to me... 

So some hypothetical points there ...sure.  But there isn't anything very La Nina looking about a Pac NW jet that's trying to careen off the Pacific S of the 55th parallel like that... That in fact looks more El Nino ish... and may - in essence - really just be a f'n coincidence either way... 

I said this over the summer half in sarcasm ...that the flow may 'look' La Nina at times, but just because the meandering happened to migrate the jet through a traditional La Nina construct but is really just an ephemerality that isn't indicative - 

Could just be a warm winter - deal with it.  Because frankly, I don't see how the HC that is real and measured and fact ( ;) ) can merely be overcome because we 'think' it's supposed to be cold in DJF...  That's guiding seasonal outlooks and the HC stuff is also evading either attention or will to try and understand the changing Global paradigm - probably because of the implications of what they may mean. 

Believe it or not, we had warm winters before you became sexually fixated on fleshy, pulsating Hadley Cells.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Torch 

Depends on what one means by 'torch'  ha

but, yeah ... superlatives may be understandable at least over this weekend - eesh.   +20 F and more over climo ...

I'll tell you, as an aside ... it interests me that France and Great Britain, ... over to the lower lands beneath the Urals and Australia ..they seem to put up their +20 exotic GW freakshow heata like ... IN their warm seasons... We seem stuck having to do it during winters -

Anyway, I'm looking at the 00z GGEM and Euro, and their blend ...and it will be 81 F at typical warm achieving locales/sites on Saturday, Sunday ...and probably Monday too in those operational 00z cycles.  

Now..obviously, a typical locale/site isn't 1000 K high ORH/elevations... I mean BDL ... BED... ASH ... 

Why? Here's the thing ... the 12z/sun-up temperature at 850 mb on both those guidances for Saturday and Sunday is about 2 to 3 C cooler than the sun-down temperatures those succeeding late afternoons.  

That only happens if the boundary layer heights breaths...expands and exceeds the 850 mb sigma level...which means, the mixing depth 'got that high' 

So, what is the temperature at that level say...4 to 7 pm?    

It's 14 to 15C !!!!!    

The standard adiabat from 850 mb using those temperatures is about 28 C at the surface just eye-ballin' the blank skew-T diagram.  And that's not taking into consideration the 2-meter.   I'm actually willing to toss a major 2-meter slope correction owing to the sloped sun and well mixing ...actually makes the tree-top temperature more likely what we feel at the surface at this time of year... But, having the 850 mb temperature rise at max heating means you aren't going below that temperature either - ...

The GFS is not as warm ... but appears to be below it's own ens mean so - heh.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Believe it or not, we had warm winters before you became sexually fixated on fleshy, pulsating Hadley Cells.

I should be more clear ... I mean for November - 

but... I was being tongue in cheeky about the DJF being cold - who woulda thunk... 

heh.. 

But, about 2 weeks back there was a better -EPO/ La Nina folder over look to the pattern and that's all but completely vanished - interesting...  Actually I was looking at the Euro, it almost seems it's mid month circulation overall is like a "west-based -EPO" ...which is drawing the trough digging trajector through the eastern Gulf of Alaska ... while ridging over the Alue chain - 

that's kind of weird... It's setting up a reloading Great Basin early winter out there... and unfortunately ... coupling/mass conservation requires a 1998-2000 SE ridge reloading at least excuse imaginable ... Maybe that's the correction key - I mean...if that all bumps E by ... half a R-wave length than we get split and cold bleeds along the 45 N further E.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Probably just shut em down?

VT should just come out and say “if you are not from here stay away.” They have Coos County NH in the red too. That’s just silly. 

It’s hard to expect people to roll the dice and go anyway because you never know when they will suddenly begin enforcing these rules. 

• Like 1

Eventually ... humanity will be forced to admit that all we have achieved in our current state of technologically -advantaged awareness ...is awareness - nothing else. 

10, 50 ... 100, 300 years from how, historians will draw this up as an expose on dangers evinced to a mass of population that did not have proportional compensatory measures for dealing with the revelations of those perils. 

Seems that way... 

• Weenie 1