Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2020 Discussion

Bostonseminole

13 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Oaks are native.  Norway maples aren’t-they are crowding out the oaks and screwing with our eco system ultimately.   This is not a new problem but imho they should have left well enough be long ago when they got here.

We had a good amount damage to Norway’s in this snow. I had to laugh at the comments of two neighbors in our neighborhood FB group about how much they hate them. In contrast I saw limited oak damage. I just love when the Norway’s get slaughtered like that. That species just sucks. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

We had a good amount damage to Norway’s in this snow. I had to laugh at the comments of two neighbors in our neighborhood FB group about how much they hate them. In contrast I saw limited oak damage. I just love when the Norway’s get slaughtered like that. That species just sucks. 

I was at TJ Maxx in Gilf with Lisa today and saw norway samaras littered on the sidewalk. I have no idea where the trees are, but know the ones in the parking lot are japanese lilacs. If I find them I may set them ablaze. 

• Haha 2

That ridge setting up week’s end is astounding ... It’s like pressing the ceiling of geophysics 

Wed could see a rare diurnal range if the region should decouple leading ..If early afternoon. intense warm frontal passage in dry adiabatic profiling/ active return flow gradient mixing you could approach 50 F spread 5am to 4pm

37 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That ridge setting up week’s end is astounding ... It’s like pressing the ceiling of geophysics 

Wed could see a rare diurnal range if the region should decouple leading ..If early afternoon. intense warm frontal passage in dry adiabatic profiling/ active return flow gradient mixing you could approach 50 F spread 5am to 4pm

Very much looking forward to it for the extreme meteorological aspect and the actual warm temperatures. 

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Very much looking forward to it for the extreme meteorological aspect and the actual warm temperatures. 

I keep waiting for another shoe to fall but it just doesn’t do it. The 850mb temps and overriding ridge get more impressive every run. I mean the GGEM had temperatures approaching 16 Celsius at 850! Is that an 850 record ..or maybe that was the Euro I don’t know one of those two

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I keep waiting for another shoe to fall but it just doesn’t do it. The 850mb temps and overriding ridge get more impressive every run. I mean the GGEM had temperatures approaching 16 Celsius at 850! Is that an 850 record ..or maybe that was the Euro I don’t know one of those two

it's an impressive push of heat as modeled.

7 hours ago, powderfreak said:

The scene at 3pm up high.  Blitz by huge flakes.  We'll see what the next day or two brings.

IMG_1111.jpg.165b8a0d0c279c6795d66054885f615b.jpg

Love these events. The NW flow really favors some places. Twice I was at Pico and they received 12"+  above 3000' and was snowing at 2-3" per hour rates, meanwhile Killington reported 3-4" for the day. A true snow stealer being just a mile NW.