• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Virtual GTG This Weekend...Any Interest?

Cold Miser

1 hour ago, butterfish55 said:
2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:
Yeah I missed this one. But your idea reminds me of the days we did radio shows. We usually only do them for KU type threats for the mid-Atlantic but we could totally utilize zoom for some bigger New England-centric threats. 

Would be pretty cool to have a Zoom room from like 9- midnight within a couple days of a big threat as the models roll in

That sounds like a good idea! 

I had company over as well so I missed this, but sounded like it was a good time. Anthony sitting in the cruiser eating takeout?

14 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I think the zoom format has the potential for widespread participation especially with something on the horizon.   Kind of like return to mirc with video.  We should try to get the NNE/SNE crews together on the same call.

So we can discuss the intricacies of picnic table upslope?  That would be a hit!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

The time period was so broad I missed everyone. Next time

I tried to set it up the way we used to do it at the bars...People would show up after 3:00pm at various times, with the last person (i.e. me and Ray) leaving at 10:00pm or so.
The room was open, where the host (me) did not have to give permission for people entering.

Maybe the Zoom thing needs to be more concentrated for a few hours. 

1 minute ago, Cold Miser said:

I tried to set it up the way we used to do it at the bars...People would show up after 3:00pm at various times, with the last person (i.e. me and Ray) leaving at 10:00pm or so.
The room was open, where the host (me) did not have to give permission for people entering.

Maybe the Zoom thing needs to be more concentrated for a few hours. 

You and Ray and titty bars

On 10/25/2020 at 1:35 PM, Ginx snewx said:

The time period was so broad I missed everyone. Next time

Yea. I didn’t jump on until 9pm but having a wide  time slot allows people to click on when it’s convenient for them. I think zoom has potential to have more participants than an in-person gtg, for sure. Next time brother.

56 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. I didn’t jump on until 9pm but having a wide  time slot allows people to click on when it’s convenient for them. I think zoom has potential to have more participants than an in-person gtg, for sure. Next time brother.

The only issue with Zoom is there are limits to the number of attendees and length of meetings for the free version.  It's not a problem if Garth is already has an account that is willing to share.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2020 at 7:38 AM, Cold Miser said:

20201028_073233.jpg

Nice talking to everyone. Next time will be live PD lol. You got a glimpse of my police car lol

On 11/14/2020 at 4:43 AM, TheSnowman said:

Let’s get the Zoom GTG to happen.  

Especially as I’ve felt for YEARS we need to have at least Big storms be Zoom / Online Video chats.  Note everyone is used to it and set up for it.  Would be hilarious for Model Runs with meltdowns.  

It already happened but the next  one should happen  while tracking storms.

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ready for another zoom GTG

Same

On 11/5/2020 at 12:56 AM, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I personally do not see actual GTGs happening this year in this State.

It could happen, but it would be very different and subdued.  I was in Worcester last week for dinner, and it was just a very strange vibe. If we did it, we would have to literarly be sitting at tables, probably no more than 5 or so to a table, and the tables would be separate from each other by more than 6 feet. No standing around in groups.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...