Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
November Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

As nice as these advertised h5 looks are for early Dec, there would likely only be a seasonal airmass to work with for any potential storm. Maybe we can get one of those anomalous dynamical systems that can generate its own cold air lol.

Seasonal air in early December can work, but we have little margin for error. Need a good track, overnight helps, etc. 

If the PNA couples into the EPO domain, as the 18z gefs showed yesterday, we’d get some cold air moving south. Just takes time to flush the PAC puke out.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Seasonal air in early December can work, but we have little margin for error. Need a good track, overnight helps, etc. 

If the PNA couples into the EPO domain, as the 18z gefs showed yesterday, we’d get some cold air moving south. Just takes time to flush the PAC puke out.

Yeah I have been watching the EPO region carefully. Latest runs are trying to get some ridging up that way, but that trough is very persistent in the WPO/EPO overlap region. There are signs it may weaken/retro a bit going forward. Something to keep an eye on.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nj2va said:

That GOA trough has a lot of staying power as depicted on the GEFS.  

Yeah that is going to limit the potential early Dec cold air intrusion. The h5 pattern as depicted is pretty decent, and has an interesting look wrt to storm possibilities, but it would be a lot more interesting to me if it was a month or so later. If I had a place out in Deep Creek or Canaan I would be way into the potential for this period though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

I haven’t looked at it yet myself, but @tombo82685 says overnight EPS was best yet for early December. 

Well, we also have to remember the past 4 weeks they have looked awful, so saying the best they have looked in weeks is kind of a catch 22. So instead of a 0% chance we maybe have a 10-20% of getting something. Still a lot of pac puke to start the 10-15 day thats getting blocked in. Later on in the period though Canada starts to cool off. Would like to see the ridge out west go poleward more, that would really help in getting eastern Canada colder. 

• Like 4