• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

I like to lighten the mood with the snow maps with all of the gloom and doom about the winter forecast.  I realize they are mostly fantasy but can in a general sense signal windows of opportunity.  Lot of Eeyores in this group.   I can get that watching the news every night...

Eeyore is a character in the Winnie-the-Pooh books by A. A. Milne. He is generally characterized as a pessimistic, gloomy, depressed, anhedonic, old grey stuffed donkey.  

A0E28065-D322-4C7A-B4BF-E3F522D91BF3.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Weather Will said:

I like to lighten the mood with the snow maps with all of the gloom and doom about the winter forecast.  I realize they are mostly fantasy but can in a general sense signal windows of opportunity.  Lot of Eeyores in this group.   I can get that watching the news every night...

Eeyore is a character in the Winnie-the-Pooh books by A. A. Milne. He is generally characterized as a pessimistic, gloomy, depressed, anhedonic, old grey stuffed donkey.  

Least he’s not full of shit 

6 hours ago, Weather Will said:

I feel where you're coming from. I used to be like the guys in here. For a long time, I would've been seriously bummed out by a winter with the outlook 2020/2021 has. I realized there are so many things I love about winter. The chilly weather, the shorter days, the bare trees, much less bugs and the Christmas season. I spend so much time outdoors during the winter, it's amazing! I absolutely love extreme cold and big snows too, but I've gotten to a point where I don't need that to enjoy winter. Just the fact that it's winter makes me happy. 

I'm especially trying to soak in every day of this winter because next Summer is the Cicada outbreak and I'm going to be a f***ing mess. 

6 hours ago, Steve25 said:

I feel where you're coming from. I used to be like the guys in here. For a long time, I would've been seriously bummed out by a winter with the outlook 2020/2021 has. I realized there are so many things I love about winter. The chilly weather, the shorter days, the bare trees, much less bugs and the Christmas season. I spend so much time outdoors during the winter, it's amazing! I absolutely love extreme cold and big snows too, but I've gotten to a point where I don't need that to enjoy winter. Just the fact that it's winter makes me happy. 

I'm especially trying to soak in every day of this winter because next Summer is the Cicada outbreak and I'm going to be a f***ing mess. 

Cicadas and their cycles are cool. And they only last about three weeks in late May and June. I did, however, postpone replanting my front arborvitae and barberries until next fall because I don’t want any new plants getting eaten in the spring.

7 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

GFS OP has a 24hr Thanksgiving eve-Thanksgiving storm. Very aware that its all fantasy, but it's fun to finally have a window to watch.

1606327200-OeJNwrAXsds.png

Good to see the (tm)  d10 storm has already showed up for winter.  And there it shall forever live... To the north of every man's heart.   

14 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Looks like mid to upper 50s for T-day per 12z GEFS. Acceptable.

Hopefully it will be dry, along with black Friday. Maybe I can get some fresh mulch down after weeks of blowing leaves.

Dead balls average.  Although with 12 days to go not sure that will hold.  I’m going with 64 partly sunny winds W at 5mph.