Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020-21 New England Snow

Kevin W

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2020 at 9:07 AM, Kevin W said:

Hi guys. I'm hearing some spots in New Hampshire are getting snow.
If you were in this last season, you should be good to go.
If not, you'll need to contact me for a username and password.
Kevin

New England Snow

Kevin, I am unable to make a new entry for some reason. I have done so in the past, but I am just not seeing anything with a new entry option....

5 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Kevin, I am unable to make a new entry for some reason. I have done so in the past, but I am just not seeing anything with a new entry option....

Along the same lines....I made the entry for today and it shows up  under my entries section but not on the list wish everyone else’s.

Thanks Kevin!

6 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I just logged in under your name, and it works for me.
Make sure you are logged in, then go here. You have run into this before.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Along the same lines....I made the entry for today and it shows up  under my entries section but not on the list wish everyone else’s.

Thanks Kevin!

You chose the wrong season from the dropdown. I fixed it for you, and also added this season as the default choice for new entries.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 8:17 PM, alex said:

Indeed, thanks! Posted mine today. Hey on that note - is there a way to download last year's data to Excel? I can print it but I can't see a way to download in spreadsheet format. I like to do side by side comparisons by date 

I noted this. The table plugin I use has many options for data filtering, presentation and exporting, so I'll look into this when I get some time.
Are there any specific ways you want last year's data shown?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kevin W said:

I noted this. The table plugin I use has many options for data filtering, presentation and exporting, so I'll look into this when I get some time.
Are there any specific ways you want last year's data shown?

Just the ability to export the date and amount fields in CSV format (or.xls) would be great! THANK YOU!

43 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Nah, you’ll get some front-end overrunning storm of 5” before it transitions to a hot rain.  Keep the faith.

You’re probably right, but in reality, SNE should have shown some discipline and just skipped that October snowstorm.  Or, even if they allowed it to happen, they could have at least ignored it and not made a big thread about it.  This storm wasn’t nearly as big as that last one, so maybe this winter won’t be quite as bad as that one, but it doesn’t look good.  There’s a reason everyone brings up that big negative correlation between October snow and seasonal snowfall in SNE.

YourGooseIsCooked.jpg

20 hours ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

There's so many negative nelly's on here. Hopefully your reverse psychology works for you this Winter season. So, y'all can keep saying it's gonna be a snowless winter. I'm keeping myself optimistic about it.

Well, PF and I are obviously just joking around with our posts.  I don’t really have much of an opinion about how winter is going to go in SNE. 

The same thing goes for up here in NNE.  We just know that snowfall in NNE is generally greater, and has lower variance, so even in the worst of seasons, there’s going to be a certain amount of snow.  It’s not really worth worrying about it.

I find the long-range forecasting stuff pretty pointless anyway.  I guess it’s fun for people to do as a hobby as the techniques get refined to a point where it might be more accurate.  But, even then, what’s the rationale for these broad brush multi-month forecasts anyway?  Even if someone “nails” a long-range winter forecast of this type with incredible accuracy, who cares?  Aside from energy markets and related interests where subtle “trends” may play a role, I just don’t see the utility.  Whether some spot is forecast to get 40 inches of snow over the course of a season, or 80 inches during that period, who in the public is going to do anything differently with respect to their daily lives?  “Oh man, it sounds like we’re going to get 80 inches of snow this season vs. our usual 60 inches, which could mean four snow days for our local school instead of just two.  I’d better change jobs now in preparation for being able to stay home and take care of the kids on those extra days.”   The greatest utility in these types of forecasts might simply be to feed the fears, hopes, dreams, etc. of weenies.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We could barely find snow yesterday up over 1000’ in Shelburne and Colrain.  West not best so far this year.  

Neither is east...its been a central season in the early going. I expect to begin making up ground rather shortly...I think it's a good pattern for my area.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1