Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2020-21 Medium/Long Range Discussion

Hoosier

43 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Have a rainer next Sat, and then another one next Tue on the op Euro, with temps above freezing each day starting tomorrow.  Safe to say the snow depth will be at it's peak later today/this evening, and then all downhill from there.  

I feel like this is a natural time of year to have peak snow depth so I’m not too disappointed in it gradually starting to decline

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, madwx said:

I feel like this is a natural time of year to have peak snow depth so I’m not too disappointed in it gradually starting to decline

I'm actually kind of torn.  Usually once snow starts to get that mangy look and it's getting to this time of the year I'm ready for it to get out as well.  Since our snow cover streak will be a solid 2 months next week I'm kind of hoping it hangs around as long as it can.  If models started showing a 65 degree torch with convection it'd be hard to root against that though lol.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Have a rainer next Sat, and then another one next Tue on the op Euro, with temps above freezing each day starting tomorrow.  Safe to say the snow depth will be at it's peak later today/this evening, and then all downhill from there.  

GFS version a little later in the weekend (likely hood of occurring pretty low)

prateptype_cat.us_mw.png

and the v16 for the same time frame

prateptype_cat.conus.png

• Haha 1

Im thinking this is the week that breaks winters back. Theres no doubt we will see more snow/cold but I think all of our snow depths have peaked and unlikely I stay below freezing for two weeks again the rest of this winter. As someone said earlier its actually right on time this year for us to roughly be leaving peak winter. 

• Like 2

Hopefully we can find 3" more snow at ORD before the end to put an exclamation point on the epic comeback.  Only about 1 in 5 winters in Chicago produce 50", and none did so with quite as slow of a start as this.  Because of measuring issues, could make a case that ORD has actually already had 50", but that is not the way it works of course.

• Like 1