Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2020-21 Medium/Long Range Discussion

Hoosier

18z GFS:
NOTE: Any more snow following Monday's event is from a potential event late next week.
sn10_acc.us_mw.png

12z GDPS (likewise regarding the potential event late next week):
sn10_acc.us_mw.png

The NAO and PNA are supposed to relax toward the end of this month.

An interesting tweet from Ben Noll:

Looks like BAMWX is still writing off February, as well. During the last couple minutes of his YouTube video, one of the top analogs for next month he mentioned was February 2017. Remember a few 70-degree days that February?

The 8-14 day outlook hints at a blowtorch expanding to the East Coast to kick off February.
814temp.new.gif

Not looking good for February:

Bamwx is going warm for Feb? That's almost as shocking as JB calling for snow and cold.

I actually think February will probably end up pretty decent for those North of I 80.  Most long range models have been hitting at a relatively short warm up in early February before seasonable to cold weather for the remainder of the month. Strong signal for above avg precip in the sub. Of course any long range or monthly/weekly needs to be taken with a grain of salt past week 2.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Bamwx is going warm for Feb? That's almost as shocking as JB calling for snow and cold.

I actually think February will probably end up pretty decent for those North of I 80.  Most long range models have been hitting at a relatively short warm up in early February before seasonable to cold weather for the remainder of the month. Strong signal for above avg precip in the sub. Of course any long range or monthly/weekly needs to be taken with a grain of salt past week 2.

Can't agree more about early February. Here's a post from the Tennessee Valley forum regarding that timeframe.

1 hour ago, Chicago WX said:

The more I think about it, pretty sure that's the formerly banned poster Ytterbium. 

And way too much BamWx. Well, any is too much. And that pretty much goes for any of these twitter "mets".

1 hour ago, A-L-E-K said:

been thinking about rebranding as a twitter met

I never put 2 and 2 together, but you're probably right. As far as the Bam guys and their ilk, I've coined the phrase Social Mediaologists.

• Haha 1