• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2020-21 Medium/Long Range Discussion

Hoosier

The sweet spot between a strong system and the blocking preventing a warm cutter. Expecting some monster hits on the 12z EPS. Would like to see some southward spread as well. Quite a south end gradient on that run of the Euro for the I-80 and south crowd.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RCNYILWX said:

The sweet spot between a strong system and the blocking preventing a warm cutter. Expecting some monster hits on the 12z EPS. Would like to see some southward spread as well. Quite a south end gradient on that run of the Euro for the I-80 and south crowd.

I-80 is like the The Equator.   Lol.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Not me, lol

Does look like at least a legit ice/snow threat around here with a lesser threat for plain rain.

Ha, you know what I mean, showing that magnitude of system and next step is getting run to run consistency on the 18z ensemble, and 00z runs to really feel better about it. I think we can work with that south end because the -NAO may help in that respect.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

I-70 crowd is punching air. Long ways to go.

12 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Ha, you know what I mean, showing that magnitude of system and next step is getting run to run consistency on the 18z ensemble, and 00z runs to really feel better about it. I think we can work with that south end because the -NAO may help in that respect.

Your post makes perfect sense, but still a scary look around here given we have seen some version of that kind of gradient around I-80 quite a few times in recent years.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Baum said:

Alek contrarian post incoming.

Well given this winter still have to ride the Ukie and GFS lame solutions until they fall in line with the Euro/GEM. Would be interesting if 12Z GEFS shows some bigger hits though

• Like 1

Just now, Cary67 said:

Well given this winter still have to ride the Ukie and GFS lame solutions until they fall in line with the Euro/GEM. Would interesting if 12Z GEFS shows some bigger hits though

You have it a bit off there. It’s been the GEM/Ukie camp rolling the Euro/GFS all winter.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Cary67 said:

Well given this winter still have to ride the Ukie and GFS lame solutions until they fall in line with the Euro/GEM. Would be interesting if 12Z GEFS shows some bigger hits though

long long way to go. Just good to see a couple models latch on to the idea of a substantial event.

• Like 2