Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Western Chester County PA data analysis - 1894 to Present

ChescoWx

Hey guys,

I thought I would start a unique topic (to not take up space in regular obs for those not interested) with some weather factoids related to the philly burbs of Western Chester County PA. Let me know if you have any questions or any analysis you would like to see run with this data set outside of the PHL airport heat island obs.

To start off - based on a couple messages on the relationship... if any of following snow seasons to below normal September and October pairings. I did a bit of analysis in the database.

With the 1st 10 days of October 2020 averaging over a degree below normal and September 2020 finishing with a below average temperature....if the longer range models are accurate we may indeed have our 1st back to back below normal such months since September/October 2009....that season we finished with 86.6" of snow here in the philly burbs of Western Chester County. Now before you snow weenies get all excited....that was the greatest seasonal snow following below normal Sept/Oct pairings in the local data set analyzed since 1894. Of interest back to back below normal Sept/Oct months have only happened 30 times or 24% of the 127 years of Chester County records. The average Chester County PA snowfall is 35.6" -however,  in years following below normal Sept/Oct pairings the average following seasonal snowfall has only averaged 29.2" or 18% below normal. Ranges go from the 1972-73 season when....for the only time in Chester County PA history no measurable seasonal snowfall occurred to the aforementioned 86.6" in the winter of 2009/10. Bad news for snow lovers...70% or 21 of those following winters experienced below normal (35.6") snowfall.

In future posts we will look at below normal Sept/Oct/Nov and below normal 3 month averages to the following snow seasons.....maybe there will be hope there....

"Some are weather wise and some are otherwise" Ben Franklin

Below is the 9 day WXSIM forecast for Western Chester County - looks like around 0.68" of rain forecast for tomorrow's event

WXSIM text forecast for East Nantmeal, initialized at 10:00 AM Oct 15, 2020
 _______________________________________________________________________________

This afternoon: Mostly clear. Breezy and warm. High 72. Wind southwest around 12
 mph, gusting to 22 mph.

Tonight: Fair in the evening, becoming mostly cloudy after midnight. A slight
 chance of rain after midnight. Low 51. Wind southwest around 8 mph, gusting to
 17 mph, in the evening, becoming west around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of
 precipitation 20 percent. Precipitation mostly less than a tenth of an inch.

Friday: Dense overcast. Patchy light fog. A chance of rain in the morning, then
 rain likely in the afternoon. High 54. Wind west-northwest around 5 mph. Chance
 of precipitation 70 percent. Precipitation mostly around half an inch.

Friday night: Dense overcast in the evening, becoming mostly cloudy after
 midnight. Patchy light fog in the evening, then light to moderate fog after
 midnight. Rain likely. Low 49. Wind west-northwest around 5 mph. Chance of
 precipitation 60 percent. Precipitation mostly around a quarter of an inch.

Saturday: Sunny. High 57. Wind west-northwest around 6 mph, gusting to 15 mph.

Saturday night: Clear. Low 40. Wind southwest near calm.

Sunday: Sunny in the morning, becoming partly cloudy in the afternoon. High 60.
 Wind southeast around 2 mph in the morning, becoming 8 mph, gusting to 17 mph,
 in the afternoon.

Sunday night: Partly to mostly cloudy in the evening, becoming mostly cloudy
 after midnight. Low 49. Wind southeast around 6 mph.

Monday: Cloudy in the morning, becoming dense overcast in the afternoon. A
 slight chance of rain in the afternoon. High 60. Wind south around 5 mph. Chance
 of precipitation less than 20 percent. Precipitation mostly less than a tenth of
 an inch.

Monday night: Dense overcast. A chance of rain. Low 50. Wind west-northwest near
 calm in the evening, becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation 30
 percent. Precipitation mostly less than a tenth of an inch.

Tuesday: Cloudy in the morning, becoming dense overcast in the afternoon. A
 chance of rain. High 55. Wind north around 4 mph. Chance of precipitation 50
 percent. Precipitation mostly less than a quarter of an inch.

Tuesday night: Cloudy. A slight chance of rain. Low 51. Wind east-northeast
 around 3 mph. Chance of precipitation less than 20 percent. Precipitation mostly
 less than a tenth of an inch.

Wednesday: Mostly cloudy to cloudy in the morning, becoming partly cloudy in the
 afternoon. Mild. High 68. Wind southeast around 4 mph.

Wednesday night: Fair in the evening, becoming partly to mostly cloudy after
 midnight. Low 49. Wind south-southeast around 4 mph.

Thursday: Mostly cloudy to cloudy in the morning, becoming cloudy in the
 afternoon. High 65. Wind south-southwest around 5 mph.

Thursday night: Cloudy. Low 52. Wind south-southwest around 5 mph.

Friday: Cloudy. Mild. High 66. Wind south-southwest around 5 mph.

Friday night: Cloudy. Low 52. Wind south-southwest around 5 mph.

Here in Western Chester County PA - last winter season we recorded the 3rd least amount of seasonal snowfall (1894 to Present) with only 5.8" of snow falling we average 35.6" of snow per season. The top 5 least snowy winters are below.

1) 1972-73:  no measurable snow

2) 1949-50: 2.4"

3) 2019-20: 5.8"

4) 1931-32: 9.0"

5) 1941-42: 9.0"

With today's low of 32.0 we officially ended the growing (freeze free) season here in Western Chester County. The growing season this year lasted 174 days - with our last freeze observed on May 10th. Those 174 days represent our shortest growing season in the last 18 years - 2002 had only 171 days. The average growing season is 188 days with the shortest being the 119 days in 1956 and the longest being the 233 days in 2005. This year marks the 1st time since 2013 that the initial freeze has not occurred in November.

• 2 weeks later...

As I prepare for my annual winter forecast due into the local Sweetwater Reported on the 23rd for Western Chester County PA - I have been looking at some past facts and figures from the County to see if they may offer a glimpse into the upcoming winter season. Since we are starting off the month with well above normal temps (although looking ahead while we will finish with above normal temps it will not be top 10 warm IMHO)....I thought I would look at the top 10 warmest November months in our data set since 1894 and see what if any impact that has on the upcoming winter season regarding snowfall. Keeping in mind that average snowfall here in Chester County is 35.9" - below are the top 10 warmest November months and their corresponding following winter snow seasons

Nov Top 10 warm to snow.jpg

I went back into the database (1894 to Present) to see what the 70 degree climatology looks like for November in Chester County PA

• 71 years of 128 (55%) on record have seen days over 70 degrees 
  • The most 70 degree days in November in rank order
    • 1975 - 8 / 1990 - 6/ 1896 - 7 / 1931 - 7 / 1902 - 5 / 1903 - 5 / 1913 - 5 / 1938 - 5/ 2020 - 5
  • The most consecutive 70 degree days in November were the 8 straight days between Nov 2nd and 9th in 1975 - this year is the 4th time we have had 5 straight 70+ days in November
  • The longest stretch between November's without a 70 degree was in this past decade between 2009 and 2014 we experienced no days over 70 degrees in November
  • Of Note in 1950 we actually had back to back days exceeding 80 degrees in November

Let's look at the seasonal snowfall in the years that we had at least 5 days over degrees in November - avg. Chester County Snowfall is 35.6"

• 1896/97 = 43.6"
  • 1903/04 = 41.1"
  • 1902/03 = 25.8"
  • 1913/14 = 54.1"
  • 1931/32 = 9.0"
  • 1938/39 = 29.0"
  • 1975/76 = 19.0"
  • 1990/91 = 23.8"
  • 2020/21 = ??

WXSIM forecasts 6 of the next 9 nights with below freezing temps- we have only had one such day so far this season in Western Chesco >650ft. Through today we normally have already had 9 such days

WXSIM text forecast for East Nantmeal, initialized at  5:00 PM Nov 14, 2020

Tonight: Fair to partly cloudy in the evening, becoming partly cloudy after
 midnight, with scattered light frost possible. Low 36. Wind north around 2 mph
 in the evening, becoming east-southeast after midnight.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy in the morning, becoming cloudy in the afternoon. A chance
 of rain in the afternoon. Breezy. High 52. Wind south-southeast around 9 mph,
 gusting to 18 mph, in the morning, becoming 15 mph, gusting to 20 mph, in the
 afternoon. Chance of precipitation 40 percent. Precipitation mostly less than a
 tenth of an inch.

Sunday night: Mostly cloudy in the evening, becoming fair after midnight. Rain
 likely. Breezy. Low 37. Wind west around 12 mph, gusting to 20 mph. Chance of
 precipitation 70 percent. Precipitation mostly around half an inch.

Monday: Sunny. High 48. Wind west around 11 mph, gusting to 22 mph.

Monday night: Clear in the evening, becoming fair after midnight. Low 32. Wind
 west around 7 mph.

Tuesday: Partly cloudy in the morning, becoming partly to mostly sunny in the
 afternoon. High 45. Wind west around 9 mph, gusting to 19 mph.

Tuesday night: Fair to partly cloudy in the evening, becoming clear after
 midnight, with areas of light frost likely. Low 31. Wind chill ranging from 26
 to 35. Wind west around 9 mph, gusting to 20 mph, in the evening, becoming

WXSIM text forecast for East Nantmeal, initialized at  9:00 AM Nov 16, 2020

Today: Mostly sunny in the morning, becoming sunny in the afternoon. High 49.
 Wind west around 7 mph, gusting to 19 mph.

Tonight: Clear in the evening, becoming mostly clear after midnight, with areas
 of light frost likely. Low 30. Wind west around 4 mph.

Tuesday: Partly cloudy in the morning, becoming partly to mostly cloudy in the
 afternoon. High 45. Wind west around 6 mph, gusting to 16 mph, in the morning,
 becoming 9 mph, gusting to 18 mph, in the afternoon.

Tuesday night: Fair to partly cloudy in the evening, becoming clear after
 midnight, with areas of light frost likely. Low 31. Wind chill ranging from 25
 to 35. Wind west-northwest around 9 mph, gusting to 18 mph.

Wednesday: Sunny. High 40. Wind northwest around 8 mph, gusting to 19 mph.

Wednesday night: Clear, with moderate to heavy frost. Low 27. Wind
 north-northwest around 2 mph in the evening, becoming southwest after midnight.

Thursday: Mostly sunny in the morning, becoming partly cloudy in the afternoon.
 High 48. Wind southwest around 5 mph, gusting to 15 mph, in the morning,
 becoming 10 mph, gusting to 18 mph, in the afternoon.

Thursday night: Partly cloudy in the evening, becoming fair to partly cloudy
 after midnight, with scattered light frost possible. Low 33. Wind southwest
 around 7 mph.

Friday: Mostly sunny in the morning, becoming sunny in the afternoon. Relatively
 mild. High 58. Wind southwest around 6 mph.

Friday night: Clear, with light to moderate frost. Low 32. Wind west-southwest
 around 3 mph.

Saturday: Sunny. Relatively mild. High 56. Wind west-northwest around 2 mph in
 the morning, becoming west-southwest in the afternoon.

Saturday night: Clear, with areas of light frost likely. Low 32. Wind south
 around 2 mph.

Sunday: Partly to mostly sunny in the morning, becoming partly to mostly cloudy
 in the afternoon. Relatively mild. High 58. Wind south around 7 mph, gusting to
 17 mph.

Sunday night: Mostly cloudy to cloudy in the evening, becoming cloudy after
 midnight. Low 42. Wind south around 5 mph.

Monday: Dense overcast. Rain likely. High 48. Wind south-southwest around 2 mph.
 Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Precipitation mostly between a quarter and
 half an inch.

Monday night: Dense overcast. Relatively mild. Low 45. Wind south-southwest near
 calm.

Tuesday: Dense overcast. High 50. Wind south-southwest around 2 mph.

Tuesday night: Dense overcast. Relatively mild. Low 46. Wind south-southwest
 near calm.

So putting the final touches on my "fearless" winter forecast for Western Chester County PA - due next week.

My 10 analog seasons I am going to use not in rank order are 1902/1913/1927/1931/1935/1975/1985/2001/2005 and 2016 - anyone want to venture a guess as to why those years?

Hey guys,

Below is my latest climate recap article for the local paper and includes my pass at a winter forecast - let me know what you think and enjoy!

Hello again from Paul at the East Nantmeal PA Weather Station (www.chescowx.com). Be sure to follow me on twitter at chescopawxman where  I am tweeting daily climate reports, forecast updates and weather and drone photos of our beautiful Township. I hope all of you are staying well and safe! Since the last New Sweetwater Reporter, we have moved from summer into mid-fall. Let’s quickly recap our weather here in the Township.

July was a warm month finishing with an average temperature of 77.0 degrees which is 5.0 degrees above normal  See the below summer months summary that details our 1st “heat wave” in East Nantmeal Township in the last 2 years. Rainfall was 5.52” or 0.77” above normal. August, finished only slightly above average with a temperature of 73.5 or 1.3 degrees above normal. However, rainfall wise thanks to the impacts of Hurricane Isaias which drenched the township with a new record daily rainfall of 5.83” we finished August with 8.38” of rain or 4.01” above normal.

Below is a summer recap for East Nantmeal Township with some of the facts and figures of this past summer season.

Summer (June thru August) climate summary for East Nantmeal Township PA.

• For the summer months (Jun-Jul-Aug) here in East Nantmeal we finished with an average temperature of 73.7
  • This is the 17th warmest summer since 1894
  • Of note the 5 hottest summers were all before 1955 (warmest being the summer of 1900 at 75.8 degrees!)
  • Coldest reading - 44.1 on June 1st
  • Warmest reading - 92.0 on July 19th
  • Only our 2nd heat wave (3 straight 90+ days) in the last 8 years!!
  • We have had only 10 heat waves in the last 18 years those being on July 1- 3, 2018 /July 5-7, 2012 / July 21-24, 2011 / July 4-7, 2010 / July 18-20, 2008 / June 7-10, 2008 / August 1-3, 2006 / August 12-14, 2005 / June 24-26, 2003 / August 1-5, 2002
  • 5 days exceeded 90 degrees this summer this represented our most here in the Township in 9 years since the 11 such days back in 2011
  • A bit surprising for the many warming climate believers…only 4 of the 17 warmest summers have occurred since 1988 and the top 5 all before 1956 and 13 of the 17 warmest summers also occurred prior to 1956
  • Top 5 warmest summers were (1900 - 75.8 / 1901 - 75.0 / 1944- 75.0/ 1955 - 75.0 and 1943 -74.9)
  • Precipitation wise we received 17.63" of rain - average summer months rainfall is 13.16" (+4.49" above avg.) so a good year for the many farmer in our beautiful township
  • This was the 15th wettest summer on record with the wettest occurring just 2 summers ago in 2018 when 26.29" of rain drenched East Nantmeal Township
  • Finally, a fascinating comparison (see below) that helps highlight the increasing heat island impact that we consistently see at the Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) compared to the more rural airport observation locations in suburban Eastern PA of Coatesville, Reading and Pottstown where we are noting a clear decline in 90+ days – some notable facts out of this data.
    • In just the last 2 years PHL airport has recording 67 days above 90 degrees (the other 3 sites combined over the last 4 years only 61 days!)
    • With 17 years of records for these locations - Note that over the last 8 years a significant drop in the number of 90+ days at the rural sites compared to the prior 9 years
    • However, at the Philadelphia airport - the frequency of 90+ days continues to increase at a fast pace....this disparity between the PHL heat island and suburbia is likely to continue as the heat island impact shows little sign of abating – so as mentioned before take the mentions of heat waves on the local news as a unique feature of the heat island locales in the close in Philadelphia suburbs and not representative of where we live in East Nantmeal Township.

image.png.a86b9d04bdf964084a43dfbda0dfb180.png

The dawn of the month that marks the start of the Autumn season delivered our 1st below normal month in the last 3 months since the back to back below normal months of April and May. September finished with an average reading of 64.4 or (0.6 degrees below normal) – it was also a very dry month with only 2.22” of rain falling…well below our normal 4.74” that fall in East Nantmeal. We did record 2 daily record low temperatures during the month with the 41.1 on the 19th and the 40.2 on the 21st.

October was a somewhat normal month with a slightly above average temperature of 55.2 (+1.3) and near normal rain of 4.34” (+0.16 to avg.). We did record our 1st freezing temperature on Halloween morning at 32 degrees this ended our growing season at 174 days since our last freeze on May 10th. These 174 days were 14 days less than our normal growing season for our farmer of 188 days. November has been incredibly warm with even 5 straight days between the 6th and 10th exceeding the 70-degree mark. As I sit here on the 21st of the month I believe we have a good chance to finish in the top-5 warmest Novembers on record! 

So, what does this mean for our upcoming winter season? Well it is indeed time for my annual winter forecast for Western Chester County PA and specifically for our backyards here in beautiful East Nantmeal. As some may remember my winter forecast for last winter was just as bad as all the professional meteorologist who also forecast a cold and snowy winter. This year I have taken a different approach. I have focused on what we call analog seasons – looking for similar fall months in relation to normal along with an eye to the anticipated La Niña pattern that many find a strong predictor of future weather. With that said I have identified based on our fall patterns 10 of these analog years with what I think will be a somewhat weaker La Niña pattern compared to many of the more moderate professional forecasts I have seen. My 10 analog seasons are in reverse time order 2016/17 – 2005/06 – 2001/02 – 1985/86 – 1975/76 – 1935/36 – 1931/32 – 1927/28 – 1913/14 and 1902/03

With all that in mind below is my winter forecast for Western Chester County PA and specifically for East Nantmeal Township with departures vs. average

·         November 2020 – Avg. Temp 49.7  (+5.8) w/ no snow (-1.3”)

-          December 2020 – Avg, Temp at 35.0 (+0.4) w/ Snow of 4.3” (-0.4”)

·         January 2021 – Avg. Temp at 32.5 (+2.5) w/ Snow of 6.7” (-4.0”)

·         February 2021 – Avg. Temp at 34.0 (+1.5) w/ Snow of 9.5” (-2.3”)

·         March 2021 – Avg. Temp at 41.4 (+0.9) w/ Snow of 6.1” (normal avg.)

·         April 2021 – Avg. Temp 51.4 (+0.1) w/ Snow of 0.3” (-0.7”)

To summarize - every month of the winter season is forecast to average warmer than normal temperatures, with all but March averaging below normal snowfall. Total 2020/21 snowfall forecast is 26.9” or 9” below our normal seasonal snow average of 35.9”

Now, regarding potential major snowstorms based on the analog years I have identified we have a:

·         70% chance of at least one storm at over 6” of snow

·         40% chance of . 1 storm exceeding 10” of snow

·         20% chance of a storm over 15”

·         10% chance of a storm over 20”

So, while not likely to be a cold or snowy winter - keep those snow blowers handy and enjoy the holiday season with your family and friends and please stay safe and healthy! All the best - Paul  

Some are weather-wise, some are otherwise” Ben Franklin

More info on my winter forecast - In the identified analog years below only 2 of the 10 winter seasons resulted in above average snow seasons...hence why my winter forecast has an 80% likelihood of below normal snow.

Below are the analog seasons and the snowfall:

1902/03 - 25.8" / 1913/14 - 54.1" / 1927/28 - 38.5" / 1931/32 - 9.0" / 1935/36 - 34.0" / 1975/76 - 19.0" / 1985/86 - 26.3" / 2001/02 - 11.1" / 2005/06 - 31.4"                        and 2016/17 - 24.0

Only snowstorms in these analog years >10" were:

January 29, 1928 - 20.0"/ February 12, 2006 - 18.0" / March 2, 1914 - 12.0" / February 14, 1914 - 10.4" / February 24, 1914 - 10.4" and February 17, 1903 - 10.0"

Updated chart with revised 90 degree analytics - of note in the last 5 years (2016-20) PHL International Airport has recorded 169 days over 90 degrees....while KMQS / KPTW and East Nantmeal Township combined have seen only 121 such days over same time period. With PHL seeing increasing (+11% ) frequency of 90+ days over the last 8 years.... while the burbs are actually seeing 90+ days decreasing at a rate between 35% to 64% over the last 8 years

image.png.824ea2e32c37f598a47324154de54995.png

Through yesterday this November in Western Chester County PA stands at an average temperature of 50.3. We are a lock now for at least the 2nd warmest November on record. The previous #2 was November 1902 at 49.4 This will be only the 2nd time we have finished a November with an average temperature north of 50 degrees - we have an excellent shot at squeaking out the warmest November ever - eclipsing the 50.1 from back in November 1931. Below are the top 10 warmest Novembers on record and the subsequent seasonal snowfall - 4 of these years (in red) were included in my winter forecast analog package for this upcoming winter.

image.png.1b84d77741d9beead0a7ed9ec9fae338.png

From that yearly snowfall graph, it seems like a season following a season with snowfall below 12 inches averages over 24 inches.  I didn't do any math, since there isn't that many data points under 12 inches anyways,  but there is the 40 inch and 60 inch outlier in 92-93 and 02-03.  32-33, 37-38, 42-43, 50-51, 59-60, 71-72, 73-74 and 98-99 all average about 2 feet following a year below a foot of snowfall.  There doesn't seem to be any seasons where we received under a foot two years in a row and if anything it appears we either have a slightly below average season or a highly above average season following a season with under a foot of snow.  

• Like 1

East Nantmeal Township – Chester County PA

November 2020 Climate Summary

Average High Temperature: 59.0 degrees  (+6.2  above normal)

Average Low Temperature: 41.1 degrees (+6.2 above normal)

Monthly Average:50.06 degrees (+6.2 above normal)

Highest Temperature: 76.2 on the 8th

Lowest Temperature: 25.3 on the 19th

Month Sub-freezing lows: 2 (11 below normal)

Season sub-freezing lows: 3 (13 below normal)

Month Sub-freezing days: 0 (1 below normal)

Season Sub-freezing days: 0 (1 below normal)

Rainfall: 5.30” (+1.56” above normal)

YTD Rainfall: 50.80” (+5.70”above normal)

Snowfall: none (1.3” below normal)

Seasonal Snow: none (1.5” below normal)

Climate Notes

·         This November finished as the 2nd warmest November in Western Chester County history since 1894 – only missing the warmest by 0.04 degrees with the 50.10 degrees the record value from November 1931

·         14 of the 30 days finished with readings over 60 degrees

·         5 straight days were over 70 degrees with 3 straight daily record highs being set on the 8th (76.2) / 9th (74.9) and 10th (74.1)

·         The 5 days exceeding 70 degrees in November is tied for the 5th most such days behind the 8 days in 1975 / 7 days in 1896/1931 and 1990

WXSIM text forecast for East Nantmeal, initialized at  8:00 AM Dec 3, 2020

Today: Mostly sunny in the morning, becoming partly to mostly sunny in the
 afternoon. High 45. Wind west around 5 mph.

Tonight: Mostly cloudy in the evening, becoming partly to mostly cloudy after
 midnight, with scattered light frost possible. Low 29. Wind southwest around 5
 mph.

Friday: Partly to mostly cloudy in the morning, becoming cloudy in the
 afternoon. A chance of rain in the afternoon. High 47. Wind southwest around 4
 mph. Chance of precipitation 30 percent. Precipitation mostly less than a tenth
 of an inch.

Friday night: Dense overcast. A chance of rain in the evening, then rain likely
 after midnight. Low 36. Wind southwest near calm in the evening, becoming
 northeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation 80 percent. Precipitation
 mostly between half an inch and one inch.

Saturday: Dense overcast. Rain likely. Breezy. High 40. Wind north-northeast
 around 12 mph, gusting to 20 mph, in the morning, becoming 16 mph, gusting to 22
 mph, in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 80 percent. Precipitation mostly
 between 1 and 2 inches.

Saturday night: Partly to mostly cloudy in the evening, becoming clear after
 midnight, with areas of light frost likely. Breezy. Low 31. Wind chill ranging
 from 23 to 29. Wind north-northwest around 13 mph, gusting to 22 mph.

Sunday: Sunny. High 39. Wind north-northwest around 9 mph, gusting to 20 mph.

Sunday night: Fair to partly cloudy in the evening, becoming fair after
 midnight, with moderate to heavy frost. Low 28. Wind northwest around 4 mph.

Monday: Partly cloudy in the morning, becoming partly to mostly sunny in the
 afternoon. High 37. Wind chill ranging from 24 to 31. Wind west-northwest around
 6 mph.

Monday night: Clear, with moderate to heavy frost. Low 27. Wind chill ranging
 from 19 to 28. Wind west-northwest around 7 mph, gusting to 15 mph.

Tuesday: Sunny. High 39. Wind west-northwest around 8 mph, gusting to 17 mph.

Tuesday night: Clear in the evening, becoming mostly clear after midnight, with
 moderate to heavy frost. Low 27. Wind chill ranging from 20 to 30. Wind
 west-northwest around 6 mph.

Wednesday: Partly cloudy in the morning, becoming mostly cloudy to cloudy in the
 afternoon. High 40. Wind west-southwest around 10 mph, gusting to 19 mph.

Wednesday night: Mostly cloudy to cloudy in the evening, becoming fair to partly
 cloudy after midnight, with areas of light frost likely. Low 31. Wind chill
 ranging from 24 to 31. Wind west around 10 mph, gusting to 16 mph.

Thursday: Sunny. High 45. Wind west-northwest around 8 mph, gusting to 16 mph.

Thursday night: Clear, with light to moderate frost. Low 28. Wind west-northwest
 around 6 mph.

Friday: Sunny. High 44. Wind west-northwest around 8 mph, gusting to 16 mph.

Friday night: Clear, with light to moderate frost. Low 28. Wind west-northwest
 around 6 mph.

WXSIM text forecast for East Nantmeal, initialized at 10:00 AM Dec 5, 2020

This afternoon: Partly to mostly cloudy. Breezy. High 44. Wind northwest around
 13 mph, gusting to 21 mph.

Tonight: Fair to partly cloudy in the evening, becoming mostly clear after
 midnight. Patchy light fog. Low 24. Wind chill ranging from 16 to 30. Wind
 northwest around 10 mph, gusting to 19 mph.

Sunday: Mostly sunny. Patchy light fog in the morning. High 36. Wind chill
 ranging from 15 to 29. Wind northwest around 9 mph, gusting to 17 mph.

Sunday night: Partly cloudy in the evening, becoming mostly cloudy after
 midnight, with areas of light frost likely. Low 24. Wind northwest around 4 mph.

Monday: Partly to mostly sunny in the morning, becoming sunny in the afternoon.
 High 37. Wind chill ranging from 19 to 30. Wind northwest around 7 mph, gusting
 to 17 mph.

Monday night: Clear, with areas of light frost likely. Low 24. Wind chill
 ranging from 15 to 25. Wind northwest around 8 mph.

Tuesday: Sunny. High 40. Wind northwest around 8 mph, gusting to 17 mph.

Tuesday night: Clear, with areas of light frost likely. Low 24. Wind
 north-northwest around 6 mph.

Wednesday: Partly to mostly sunny in the morning, becoming partly to mostly
 cloudy in the afternoon. High 42. Wind north-northwest around 5 mph in the
 morning, becoming west in the afternoon.

Wednesday night: Partly to mostly cloudy in the evening, becoming partly cloudy
 after midnight, with areas of light frost likely. Low 28. Wind southwest around
 4 mph.

Thursday: Partly to mostly sunny in the morning, becoming sunny in the
 afternoon. High 47. Wind west-southwest around 6 mph, gusting to 15 mph.

Thursday night: Clear in the evening, becoming mostly clear after midnight, with
 light to moderate frost. Low 25. Wind west around 2 mph.

Friday: Partly cloudy. Relatively mild. High 49. Wind south-southwest around 3
 mph.

Friday night: Mostly cloudy in the evening, becoming dense overcast after
 midnight, with scattered light frost possible. Low 34. Wind northwest near calm
 in the evening, becoming north after midnight.

Saturday: Dense overcast. A slight chance of rain in the morning. High 41. Wind
 east-northeast around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation 30 percent. Precipitation
 mostly less than a tenth of an inch.

Saturday night: Dense overcast. Low 39. Wind east around 6 mph.

Sunday: Dense overcast. High 43. Wind east around 6 mph.

Sunday night: Dense overcast. Low 40. Wind east around 6 mph.

With prospects low for many significant snowfalls this upcoming non-winter - what are the top 10 days that average the most snow here in Western Chester County PA?

1) January 7th / 2) January 26th / 3) January 25th / 4) February 16th/ 5) January 23rd / 6) December 5th / 7) February 23rd / 8) February 3rd/ 9) February 10th and 10) January 21st

WXSIM timetable for potential snow event on Wednesday the 16th for Western Chester County PA

Snow arrives by 930am temp 31.5

Heavy Snow by 10am temp 30.2

Moderate Snow at 4pm temp 31.7 with 5" to 6" of snow so far

Snow winding down by 10pm with total accumulation of 6" to 8"

Latest WXSIM with 18z data up to 6" to 10" on Wednesday - just flurries on Monday at this point

Wednesday: Dense overcast. Snow likely. High 33. Wind chill around 24. Wind
 northeast around 11 mph, gusting to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.
 Precipitation (liquid equivalent) mostly around an inch. Snow accumulation 5 to
 8 inches.

Wednesday night: Dense overcast in the evening, becoming cloudy after midnight.
 Patchy light fog after midnight. Snow likely in the evening, then a slight
 chance of snow after midnight. Low 28. Wind chill as low as 22. Wind northeast
 around 10 mph, gusting to 20 mph, in the evening, becoming 6 mph after midnight.
 Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Precipitation (liquid equivalent) mostly
 around a quarter of an inch. Snow accumulation 1 to 2 inches.

No doubt this will happen....WXSIM went off the deep snow end with the 6z models - says 20" or more on Wed....the actual amount of snow it forecasts on the ground by Thursday AM is 29.3"

Monday: Dense overcast. Patchy light fog. A mix of rain and snow likely in the
 morning, then a mix of rain, sleet, and snow likely in the afternoon. High 37.
 Wind northeast around 2 mph in the morning, becoming north around 6 mph in the
 afternoon. Chance of precipitation 80 percent. Precipitation (liquid equivalent)
 mostly around an inch. Snow or ice (on ground) accumulation about an inch.

Wednesday: Cloudy in the morning, becoming dense overcast in the afternoon. A
 slight chance of snow in the morning, then snow likely in the afternoon. High
 32. Wind chill around 22. Wind east-northeast around 6 mph, gusting to 16 mph,
 in the morning, becoming 12 mph, gusting to 21 mph, in the afternoon. Chance of
 precipitation 80 percent. Precipitation (liquid equivalent) mostly between half
 an inch and one inch. Snow accumulation 4 to 6 inches.

Wednesday night: Dense overcast, with areas of light frost likely. Snow likely.
 Breezy. Low 28. Wind chill as low as 18. Wind east around 14 mph, gusting to 22
 mph, in the evening, becoming north-northeast after midnight. Chance of
 precipitation 80 percent. Precipitation (liquid equivalent) mostly around 3
 inches. Snow accumulation 20 inches or more.

WXSIM with 6z data shows 850s getting to 32.7 by 11pm Wed night with a mix of heavy snow and sleet.....still spits out 26.8" of snow and sleet - on top of the 2" or so tomorrow PM....

Wednesday: Cloudy in the morning, becoming dense overcast in the afternoon. Snow
 likely in the afternoon. High 35. Wind chill around 23. Wind east-northeast
 around 8 mph, gusting to 18 mph, in the morning, becoming 12 mph, gusting to 19
 mph, in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Precipitation (liquid
 equivalent) mostly around a quarter of an inch. Snow accumulation 1 to 2 inches.

Wednesday night: Dense overcast. Snow likely in the evening, then a mix of snow
 and sleet likely after midnight. Breezy. Low 30. Wind chill as low as 20. Wind
 east-northeast around 13 mph, gusting to 23 mph. Chance of precipitation 80
 percent. Precipitation (liquid equivalent) mostly around 3 inches. Snow or ice
 (on ground) accumulation 20 inches or more.