• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2020-2021 "Winter" Discussion

JoMo

Had a band of moderate snow move through here as well, beautiful big flakes coming straight down. Didn't last long though.

Thundersnow, a 6"+ storm is all that pretty much exists on my winter checklist. If it doesn't happen, then this was a pretty amazing winter regardless with snow before Christmas, record cold, and a couple decent snow storms. 

• Like 2

Just now, draco1188 said:

Yeah I'm super jealous at south central Arkansas right now lol if you can, you should go to iDrive Arkansas website and take a look at the traffic cam in Pine Bluff right now. Visibility is down to a quarter mile. 

Yeah.  I am hearing that they have 6 inches in El Dorado.  A cousin in Homer, LA, near the line says they also have 6 and it is still pouring.  That is five years worth of snow in one week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NWAflizzard said:

Yeah.  I am hearing that they have 6 inches in El Dorado.  A cousin in Homer, LA, near the line says they also have 6 and it is still pouring.  That is five years worth of snow in one week.

WOW! thats crazy. I keep looking at radar hoping it will inch northward :lol: - pretty sure Russellville is done for the day though.

• Like 2

Interesting:

Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service Little Rock AR
242 PM CST Wed Feb 17 2021

ARZ054>057-062>065-069-172215-
Hot
Spring-Grant-Drew-Cleveland-Lincoln-Desha-Arkansas-Dallas-Jefferson-
242 PM CST Wed Feb 17 2021

...A SEVERE SNOW SQUALL WILL AFFECT CLEVELAND...NORTHWESTERN DESHA...
SOUTHERN GRANT...DALLAS...NORTHEASTERN DREW...SOUTHERN JEFFERSON...
LINCOLN...SOUTHEASTERN HOT SPRING AND SOUTHWESTERN ARKANSAS
COUNTIES...

At 238 PM CST, a severe snow squall was located in a region from
Malvern to Sheridan to Pine Bluff to Star City to Fordyceto western
Dallas County.

. This area of intense snowfall was moving east at 30 mph.

Locations impacted include...
Pine Bluff, Dumas, Sheridan, Fordyce, Star City, Rison, Rohwer, White
Hall, Gould, Leola, Grady, Kingsland, Sparkman, Mitchellville,
Carthage, Watson, Winchester, Whitefield, Jenkins Ferry State Park
and Little Bayou Meto Park.

This includes Interstate 530 between mile markers 31 and 46.

Visibilities will drop quickly to near zero in this severe squall.

Conditions can deteriorate rapidly in winter weather situations. If
you don`t have to be out on the roads in this area...stay put or
stay home. Snowfall rates of 2 inches per hour or above are making
conditions nearly impossible to drive in. These conditions are
expected to persist through at least 4 PM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That was a pretty amazing 7-10 day stretch.   We won’t see that kind of prolonged cold again for a long time.  Maybe not in our lifetime.  Definitely one for the record books.  It was nice for a change to not have to worry about borderline temps, warm air advection, warm ground temps, blah, blah, blah.  
Once the cold locked in we just needed the storm and we got two.  With the 9” I got in December that puts me somewhere around 15-17” for the season.  Definitely an upgrade over the past 5 years.  Congrats to everybody!   Maybe we should root for La Niña more often!  

Finally, I almost hate to ask the question but I will anyway.  Was that the end of winter or do we see one last chance for more before mid-March?  

• Like 2

NWS forecast tonight:  " A slight chance of snow before midnight, then occasional light snow after midnight. Low around 10. Light and variable wind becoming north 5 to 7 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected."           This is a bonus snow I guess . I Like!  I think I will stay up late to watch .

Preview_Cam1_01_20210217_175024_430297276.jpg

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, The Waterboy said:

Finally, I almost hate to ask the question but I will anyway.  Was that the end of winter or do we see one last chance for more before mid-March?  

I look at it like it's the last time since it's so late in the season. Anything else is just bonus. Haven't really looked into things a month off though. 

This is a the text of a tweet from Little Rock NWS.  They were also reporting 2 inch an hour rates in Grant and Jefferson County.  Family in El Dorado said they measured 10 inches. Historic for those guys.

"One thing we're trying to verify this evening...Little Rock Adams Field (Pulaski Co) has received at least 9 inches of snow. The snow depth this morning was estimated around 7 inches. The highest depth all-time was 15 inches on January 21, 1918. We may have a new record."

• Like 1