Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2020-2021 "Winter" Discussion

JoMo

19 minutes ago, KC Storm said:

WWA for 1 to 3 posted here. Currently 6F.

Same here. It is interesting that some of the CAMs (NAMNest, WRF-NSSL namely) bring the snow shield just past the Kansas Turnpike. Also, Dodge City and several sites in SW KS have been seeing snow for a while now and I wonder if that's not some signs of a baroclinic zone developing. 

FWIW, none of the models had this developing. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rockchalk83 said:

Same here. It is interesting that some of the CAMs (NAMNest, WRF-NSSL namely) bring the snow shield just past the Kansas Turnpike. Also, Dodge City and several sites in SW KS have been seeing snow for a while now and I wonder if that's not some signs of a baroclinic zone developing. 

FWIW, none of the models had this developing. 

It will be interesting for sure. No two events are the same, but similar happened up here when the comma head rotated through yesterday. Might not be a huge deal but may make the difference between an inch vs 3 or 4 in a few spots. I think Witch up to Topeka get in on at least a bit of that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StormChazer said:

You almost wouldn't know it was snowing without lights outside with the small flakes in the dark.

Man same, was in the woods and It didnt even seem like it was snowing at all until I came out into the city lights! About an 1.5" here so far of new snow, 14F now. Really thick pasty snow, hard to describe.

• Like 2