• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2020-2021 "Winter" Discussion

JoMo

Whew, bottomed out here at -18.8 on my weather station at 6:30a this morning. Incredible! In regards to this next storm, why does ICT always have to be on the edge?! lol I think I'm leaning toward a non event here but it's going to be a close call. NAM did tick back north a tiny bit but we'll see. I'd be happy with another couple inches just to top this whole 2 week period off. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, JasonOH said:

I’m now around 30 hours without power. This has been absurdly mismanaged by ONCOR seeing as their “rolling outages” haven’t been rolling at all.

Yeah, some areas in Joplin's "rolling outage" were supposed to be out only 1-1.5 hours, but for some reason it's been 3 hours and still no power there.

15 hours ago, Knightking2018 said:

There was a temperature of -26F and a wind of 15 mph creating a wind chill of -53F right at the Kansas/Nebraska border near Haigler, NB last night. Haigler hugs the Kansas/Nebraska and has one street Logan that runs into Kansas. This could be a potential record for Kansas that runs along KS-27. 

Is there a way of proving this -53F wind chill was also in Kansas near the Nebraska border?

11 minutes ago, NWAflizzard said:

Black hills energy.  They have not given an ETA as to when it will be back on.  At least it will be in the teens today though.

This comment threw me because I'm currently working, and I hire inspectors across the country to work on oil/gas lines. One of our clients is Black Hills, and I actually have an inspector who works for us in Pea Ridge of all places. I can give him a call and see if he has an eta, he might be directly involved with this.

• Thanks 1

Just now, StormChazer said:

This comment threw me because I'm currently working, and I hire inspectors across the country to work on oil/gas lines. One of our clients is Black Hills, and I actually have an inspector who works for us in Pea Ridge of all places. I can give him a call and see if he has an eta, he might be directly involved with this.

That would be great!  Thanks!

Just now, StormChazer said:

Just got off the phone with him. He said that's the distribution side of things(meaning customer focused and urban), whereas he works out in the rural areas actually laying down new pipe, etc, so he's doesn't have any info on it. 

Sorry!

Thanks for trying.  We are fine.  We have some electric blankets that are working well.

• Like 1