Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
MO/KS/AR/OK 2020-2021 "Winter" Discussion

JoMo

2 minutes ago, KC Storm said:

Lot of heartbreakers down that part of state. I’m a north Jersey guy originally. Near Morristown west of NYC. 

Light snow here now -2. 

Other than missing my Mom and a few close friends, dont really miss that place much. Yea where I grew up but not much about it I miss lol. Nice, we use to go to High Point state park a lot in my youth and hike the AT trail up that way.

41 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Other than missing my Mom and a few close friends, dont really miss that place much. Yea where I grew up but not much about it I miss lol. Nice, we use to go to High Point state park a lot in my youth and hike the AT trail up that way.

Same. I much prefer the mid-west as well. 

• Like 1

NW Downtown Tulsa checking in. This was at 6pm, and I went out and measured about 3 inches. It was super hard to measure btw! I went out to the flattest part of my yard, even though we are up in the hills. It's still coming down really good. Just a lot of everything blowing around, but my two Great Pyrenees, Walker and Missy, are living this up...the littles, Teddy and Pebbles, not too much! LOL:sled:

image.png.b6d937ae555b1677ef982072eca36b1e.pngimage.png.95ab213db9fcaeb8322388d6254240e1.png

• Like 10

The main band starting to move into Joplin is starting to become very well defined. From Joplin to Norman and points SE from there, there is a ton of snow on radar. Motion of that snow is to the NE, with the western edge of the snow appearing to be crawling east with time. I don't see how this doesn't end up as a solid event for most of us in SW Mo and NW Ar. 

• Like 3

Awesome Amber! My dog is nearly 2 now and she does not know what to make of this stuff Lol!! I think shes more interested in eating the snow rather than playing in it lol. 

Just got back from a hike in the woods, closing in on 2-3" now here. Its still just a very fine powdery light snow nothing crazy, Im over it and just enjoying what we have now. Is beautiful but my hands are froze, crazy cold out there.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MUWX said:

The main band starting to move into Joplin is starting to become very well defined. From Joplin to Norman and points SE from there, there is a ton of snow on radar. Motion of that snow is to the NE, with the western edge of the snow appearing to be crawling east with time. I don't see how this doesn't end up as a solid event for most of us in SW Mo and NW Ar. 

Agree.   We should cash in at least 3" or so.

12 minutes ago, MUWX said:

This. Things look to actually be trending up now. Unless we get a major dry slot punch, this is gonna deliver. This band really filled in and extends all the way out to Wichita Falls, TX with another band appearing to be developing out around Lubbock.

snow21420212100.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe there is hope after all  .Yes!  A Winter Storm Warning for our area....This is the first WSW in several years . :D

WINTER STORM WARNING
                                                                                                                               Issue Date:6:09 PM Sun, Feb 14, 2021
                                                                                                                               Expiration:6:00 PM Mon, Feb 15, 2021

...Dangerously Cloud (cold) Conditions and Accumulating Snow Will
Continue through Monday...

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST MONDAY...
...WIND CHILL WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM CST TUESDAY...

* WHAT...Dangerously cold wind chills will occur with values as
low as 25 below zero. Heavy snow will occur with additional snow
accumulations of 3 to 6 inches on top of what has already
occurred. This will bring total snow amounts to 5 to 7 inches 
with locally higher amounts possible. 

* WHERE...Portions of southeast Kansas and central, east 
central, south central, southwest and west central Missouri.

* WHEN...For the Wind Chill Warning, until 9 AM CST Tuesday. For 
the Winter Storm Warning, until 6 PM CST Monday.
  • Like 4

Band of moderate snow extending generally along and southeast of
I-44 at present. This will continue to shift more toward the east
with time tonight. Snowfall rates of about 0.75" per hour have
been the norm within this band with 3-4" totals common around the
Tulsa metro, and as much as 6" reported near Ada. Expect similar
results through early tonight as the primary forcing shifts over
far eastern OK into western AR. Some changes have been made to the
going snowfall forecast but the overall message remains about the
same. Outside of this heavier band will likely continue to see
periods of light snow with broad areas of ascent east of the upper
trough moving through the Texas panhandle now.

Tulsa update. 

• Like 2