Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
MO/KS/AR/OK 2020-2021 "Winter" Discussion

JoMo

1 minute ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Pathetic overhyped mess of a storm so far. I wonder what model handled this the best lol, probly none of them. I cant compare to everywhere though just what we are noticing here in the snowless hole of NW Ar haha

To be fair, the storm is at worst half over. If the NAM and some other high res models are correct, its really only 1/3 over. 

Just now, MoWeatherguy said:

Are you around Springfield?  How much you have on the ground now?  Best guess

Yeah, roughly 10 miles south west. Its really hard to say how much we have. The grass is just now getting covered, so maybe around 2". Moderate snow currently falling. 

27 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Pathetic overhyped mess of a storm so far. I wonder what model handled this the best lol, probly none of them. I cant compare to everywhere though just what we are noticing here in the snowless hole of NW Ar haha

This storm is over performing in a lot of places and hasn’t really even started for you

27 minutes ago, rockchalk83 said:

I have about 4.5" here in Wichita. Measured it about 8 times. 

In the words of Bill Belichick, "We're on to late Tuesday..."

I never measured but when I went out to get firewood I would say I have a similar amount here at my place. Now watching the temperature crash that is sure to come tonight and tomorrow night. And as you said, on to late Tuesday. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

My son graduated there in '14.  He ran cross country there.   His name is Conor.  Another poster on here,  Wx24/7, is from Monett.

I know Wx24/7 well. There's another long time lurker here from Monett as well, who needs to make an account. 

Speaking of which, they both just texted me that SGF finally a pulled the trigger. Warning up now for an additional 3-6. That should give you all down that way some hope. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

My son graduated there in '14.  He ran cross country there.   His name is Conor.  Another poster on here,  Wx24/7, is from Monett.

Man I dont know about you but I miss my old stomping grounds! It was just small town country living at its best!! Will probly move back that way sometime in the future, man I remember the big storm that hit hard and fast before we left(cannot remember what year it was now). We got like 22" of snow from that beast, was one epic snow!

1 minute ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Man I dont know about you but I miss my old stomping grounds! It was just small town country living at its best!! Will probly move back that way sometime in the future, man I remember the big storm that hit hard and fast before we left(cannot remember what year it was now). We got like 22" of snow from that beast, was one epic snow!

You talking about Missouri or Jersey?  Did u grow up in Jersey?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MUWX said:

I know Wx24/7 well. There's another long time lurker here Monett here as well, who needs to make an account. 

Speaking of which, they both just texted me that SGF finally a pulled the trigger. Warning up now for an additional 3-6. That should give you all down that way some hope. 

Good news!

Owasso checking in. I honestly couldn’t tell you how much we’ve gotten so far, it’s just blowing around and I don’t have a good spot to measure(my back yard is to a pond and there’s drifts everywhere). But it’s been coming down nicely since about 4:45. Radar looks like it’s filling in near OKC, which bodes well for us up here in Tulsa. So far, I’m happy with this. Dry powdery snow is a new thing for me, so it’s odd that I can still see grass poking through, but then there’s a 1 and a half foot drift on the side of my house lol.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Missouri, over in Humansville there(what a name lol). I did grow up in Jersey, extreme south jersey close to the coast.

Lot of heartbreakers down that part of state. I’m a north Jersey guy originally. Near Morristown west of NYC. 

Light snow here now -2. 

• Haha 1