• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MO/KS/AR/OK 2020-2021 "Winter" Discussion

JoMo

HRRR is doing horrible this morning, I see... really off in Kansas at least, and does not do a particularly good job with the snow in W OK either.

Other 12z CAMs (NSSL-WRF, WRF-ARW NMMB), and especially the 12z NAM are doing better.

Even so, most CAMs besides the NAM are underestimating the breadth and intensity of a lot of the bands.

• Like 1

Just now, The Waterboy said:

I really wasn’t expecting much out of this first wave.  The HRRR runs last night had these bands further west.  So I’m considering this first part some bonus snow.  Around an inch here so far but hard to tell for sure. 

Yah you and I will have to cash in later today and tonight. 

14 minutes ago, jojo762 said:

HRRR is doing horrible this morning, I see... really off in Kansas at least, and does not do a particularly good job with the snow in W OK either.

Other 12z CAMs (NSSL-WRF, WRF-ARW NMMB), and especially the 12z NAM are doing better.

Even so, most CAMs besides the NAM are underestimating the breadth and intensity of a lot of the bands.

I'm quite surprised to see the HRRR doing this poorly. The RAP has also done pretty well with this system, too. 

• Like 1

Just now, rockchalk83 said:

I'm quite surprised to see the HRRR doing this poorly. The RAP has also done pretty well with this system, too. 

I'm really liking how the 12z NAM has been doing so far... Gives me some confidence in its aggressive solution for the wrap-around band tomorrow.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Waterboy said:

I really wasn’t expecting much out of this first wave.  The HRRR runs last night had these bands further west.  So I’m considering this first part some bonus snow.  Around an inch here so far but hard to tell for sure. 

I would say we have about an inch here.  Hard to measure because it blows around everywhere.  Streets are all covered.

24 minutes ago, JoMo said:

The grass is almost covered, but it was already 3/4 covered by the last 2 days of flurries. 

Same, the past 3 days of misty freezing drizzle and off/on snows we already had things covered here. Hard to say what this first wave put down here as its windy, maybe 3/4 of an inch or so. Man it is cold though thats for sure