Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2020-2021 "Winter" Discussion

JoMo

1 minute ago, stormdragonwx said:

Those were with the PC but I've done it with my Android its just a bit trickier to accomplish. You have to tap and hold the white area at the top of the graphic to get the "save image" option with mine.

Got it!!!!  User error on my part. I was holding the picture not the white area. 

20 minutes ago, Weatherdemon said:

Man, 

It is frustrating that the “next” storm is always the “one”.

If we get 5-10 total here, I’ll be happy.

But, some much consistency so consistently killed at the end just sucks.

Everyday has over-performed for over a week so, I remain hopeful!

FWIW as I mentioned a few pages back, I don't really trust the NAM at all, most notably after how it initialized a few days ago saying it was in the high 30's when it was already 28. And as others mentioned the CAMS are not always the best with winter weather. The GFS, v16, GDPS, and Euro have stuck to their guns on this event for the most part.

3 minutes ago, stormdragonwx said:

FWIW as I mentioned a few pages back, I don't really trust the NAM at all, most notably after how it initialized a few days ago saying it was in the high 30's when it was already 28. And as others mentioned the CAMS are not always the best with winter weather.

I meant inconsistency consistently.

I’m talking GFS for over a week, the ICON, then the Euro then... 

Like I said though, it’s been an over-performing several days so I remain hopeful. 

• Like 1

I don't know what SGF was talking about in their AFD. The system that forms the trough in the west that is the basis for the snow doesn't move onshore in northern cali until tomorrow morning. The lead wave that dampens out is the one they were talking about I guess.

6 minutes ago, JoMo said:

Euro continued to decrease QPF though.

It's actually been very consistent overall today as far as I can tell for much of SW MO, S Kansas, central and western OK. Maybe a slight decrease but still way more than any other model. The area of greatest variability has been over Arkansas and north Texas. I'd still call it a win to see it mostly hold in the face of some of the drier CAMs. Let's see if they start to come on board more as we get more in range.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1