Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
MO/KS/AR/OK 2020-2021 "Winter" Discussion

JoMo

2 hours ago, The Waterboy said:

Light snow in Bentonville.  Not sure if it’s a minor wave of some type or lake effect off of Beaver Lake???

Here too, cool isn't it! Been doing this off and on for a while, got a nice half inch or so. Starting coming down fairly thick this morning around 4am!! I think its awesome. More to come lol

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WhiteoutWX said:

GFS ensemble has clearly be trending southward the past 4 runs, with 12z continuing the trend. Looking a little dry in southern Kansas and SW MO now. 

What is the reason for the ensembles & latest op GFS run to trend drier? Is it the system from overnight tonight digging farther south, meaning a subtle shift south in the track, or is it the wave being more open/quicker?

6 minutes ago, KC Storm said:

Hoping for a couple inches up here in KC. Good luck down south. You deserve it. Best shot up here is if we can get a little fluff Sunday on the overrunning snow. Tonight looks like another duster. 

Hoping for an overperformer with the system to the north. Not gonna rely on anything from the south. Perhaps ours will come before seasons end.

• Like 1

I'm keeping my expectations pretty tempered here in Wichita until we get a little better consensus on how this trough ejects. The more positive tilt/open wave trend I see would explain the lower qpf projections up into KS. If I'm in Oklahoma I'm feeling good because qpf looks pretty good down there regardless. We need more neutral tilt/better organization to slug that moisture northward up here. We'll see how this Euro run trends. 

• Like 1

Just now, RocketWX said:

I'm keeping my expectations pretty tempered here in Wichita until we get a little better consensus on how this trough ejects. The more positive tilt/open wave trend I see would explain the lower qpf projections up into KS. If I'm in Oklahoma I'm feeling good because qpf looks pretty good down there regardless. We need more neutral tilt/better organization to slug that moisture northward up here. We'll see how this Euro run trends. 

Right there with you, man. Hoping for a good one. 

• Like 1

Tulsa WSW.. 6-10" for these counties:

Benton-Carroll-Washington AR-Madison-Crawford-Franklin-Sebastian-
Pushmataha-Choctaw-Tulsa-Creek-Okfuskee-Okmulgee-Wagoner-Cherokee-
Adair-Muskogee-McIntosh-Sequoyah-Pittsburg-Haskell-Latimer-
Le Flore-
Including the cities of Rogers, Bentonville, Berryville,
Eureka Springs, Fayetteville, Springdale, Huntsville, Van Buren,
Ozark, Charleston, Fort Smith, Antlers, Clayton, Hugo, Tulsa,
Sapulpa, Okemah, Okmulgee, Wagoner, Tahlequah, Stilwell,
Muskogee, Checotah, Sallisaw, McAlester, Stigler, Wilburton,
and Poteau
1205 PM CST Fri Feb 12 2021

...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING
THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON...

* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 6 to
  10 inches possible.

5-8" in far NE OK. And now the site is erroring.