• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2020-2021 "Winter" Discussion

JoMo

While those totals on the GFS are crazy and fantasyland, this is definitely the type of pattern that *could* deliver some repeated rounds of wintry weather with a stalled arctic boundary and subtle waves riding along it. If the flow gets too amplified we’d be more likely to get one bigger storm and a quicker warmup. Still too far out to say which is more likely though. Definitely one of the more exciting winter patterns I can remember being forecast in a while. Which admittedly isn’t saying much for this part of the country after the last several “winters” lol.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, WhiteoutWX said:

While those totals on the GFS are crazy and fantasyland, this is definitely the type of pattern that *could* deliver some repeated rounds of wintry weather with a stalled arctic boundary and subtle waves riding along it. If the flow gets too amplified we’d be more likely to get one bigger storm and a quicker warmup. Still too far out to say which is more likely though. Definitely one of the more exciting winter patterns I can remember being forecast in a while. Which admittedly isn’t saying much for this part of the country after the last several “winters” lol.

Gonna love the next 5 days....will be fun.

Just now, rockchalk83 said:

I’m not near my computer to look, but at the GFS and Canadian still showing snowy and cold solutions?

Yessir. Looks like ICT gets 14.7" on 10:1 and 26.1" via Kuchera through 240 hours on the 12z GFS.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lokee said:

GFS shows big storm coming in on the 15th 

Yeah, that run is one of those storms they’d talk about for decades. We shall see, still a long ways out and lots of variables. But with us being entrenched in polar air for such a long stretch, our chances for a significant winter storm are certainly more likely than normal. Just have to get a favorable track!

• Like 1